katymjo

Re: Tim's tags 2010

Post by katymjo »

Monica, that's GREAT! Congratulations!!
Kathryn.
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

Here are my last two tags, #11 and #12. I had a lot of trouble with them so it has taken a few days to get them done.
Tag 11-The Fir Tree
I made my foam stamp tracing chipboard snowflakes on foam and cutting freehand. I used a page from an old Christmas book with a story of The Fir Tree on it. I didn't think it's pale green color would be a problem but it made the clear embossing look sickly. So I ironed off the embossing powder and then added a few coats of lace stickles on it. I just used tim's stamp of a tree and Snowtex for the snow. I didn't like a fancy metal frame on it like he used so used one of my stamped resist things I didn't use on tag 4.
Tag 11
Tag 11
Tag 11.jpg (100.32 KiB) Viewed 260 times
Tag 12-Christmas Tree Pin
Since I don't have ornament diecuts and didn't like that much anyway, I had to do something different. I have wanted to get the little tree pin somewhere safe so determined to get it on a tag this year. It was my Mom's and she wore it on her coat for many years. It had been a gift from one of her beauty shop customers who we liked very much. It even had to be repaired a few times sewing on loose bits as they loosened over the years.
Every thing else on it is just stuff from my "collection". I had a hard time achieving a nice balance.
Forgot to add, I texturized my brads with the meat tenderizer :mrgreen: worked great.
Tag 12
Tag 12
Tag 12.jpg (122 KiB) Viewed 260 times
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
Paula

Post by Paula »

Awesome job Mariane!! I love the way the last one turned out---just beautiful :angel:
Paula

Post by Paula »

I just read what you wrote about tag 12. How precious are those memories!! Now I love the tag even more :cool5: :cool5:
djenns

Post by djenns »

That is an awesome tag and I also love the story about the pin......someday I may do that with some of my Mom's stuff.....

Diana
Judi in IL

Post by Judi in IL »

Your tags are WONDERFUL, Marianne! What a great way to keep memories safe! TFS!!
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

Wow Marianne! I can see where those would have taken a while - something like that would have taken me DAYS! I love them!
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

Marianne they are beautiful. I love the pin and that tag would be perfect on a great scrap page or a 365 book!
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

Thank you for all your comments. I also have another pin that is two poinsettias that I will put on a tag. I plan to keep making tags while the ideas are fresh in my mind.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
katymjo

Post by katymjo »

Now that we've made all these tags, what are you going to do with them??
Kathryn.
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

I really like the tree one.
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

katymjo wrote:Now that we've made all these tags, what are you going to do with them??
Kathryn.
Until this year I hung them on my design wall downstairs on my tree quilt. See it here from last year. http://www.paperartistsonline.com/forum ... 1&start=60

This year I just hung them on the felt wall in a tree shape since there are too many for the quilt. The other 10
months of the year they recline comfortably in a pizza box in the dungeon (cupboard under the stairs).
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
azemigh

Post by azemigh »

I finally got a few extra minutes to finish up my last tag. That shipping deadline started to loom and I had to put my tag on hold. I also found an old plate holder kicking around to display my tags on this year. Hope you're all having a wonderful holiday week.
Attachments
Day12THTags2010.jpg
Day12THTags2010.jpg (27.23 KiB) Viewed 218 times
All12Tags2010.jpg
All12Tags2010.jpg (22.79 KiB) Viewed 218 times
Judi in IL

Post by Judi in IL »

Very cool, Rachelle! I didn't get mine done but I still plan to work on them.
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

I made one of them! I'm sure it's buried under layers of dolls and princess-y things. (Making these tags is on my list of things to do when I'm lonely in January.)

You all have outdone yourselves! Gorgeous, gorgeous tags. Marianne, the image I have of you banging that meat tenderizer on those poor unsuspecting brads - priceless! :lol:
Pam Cook #48