Tim's tags 2010

Are you a Tim Holtz fan? We are!
Monica

Tim's tags 2010

Post by Monica »

So, it's day one of Tim's tags... what do you think? I won't be able to create until I get home, so I'm pondering ideas at this point. I don't have the house die, nor do I think my Cuttlebug would handle cutting through a sandwich of grungepaper and grungeboard, but I do believe I have a couple Cricut cartridges with houses that I can use. I look forward to seeing everyone's interpretations. Have fun creating!

Monica
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
Paula

Re: Tim's tags 2010

Post by Paula »

I love the tag that he posted, and it looks like a lot of detail went into it---I just don't have the time right now---maybe next week
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Maybe next year I'll take the first 12 days of December as vacation days so I can stay home and play.

I'm going to look through my stash of old Christmas cards. I'll bet that I have one with a pretty house on it that I can cut out. I love how he shows different versions. At my age, I feel like I should have learned to think outside the box by now - but nope. He surprised me with the different versions (and I love the beach themed one!).
Pam Cook #48
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

I have an appointment this morning but then when I get home, I can't wait to start. Tim inspires me so....
nancine

Post by nancine »

I'd like to say I'm going to do them... but probably won't get around to it! The first day there are sooooooo many supplies/things I don't have, but Pam had a good suggestion!
Monica

Post by Monica »

I still haven't figured out how to make the fence. I have none of those dies, so I'm simply going to dig through my Cricut cartridges for suitable alternatives. I think that a great clip art house would work as well, or if you're good at freehand then making your own. The best part of the tags for me last year was seeing all the different interpretations posted here.

Monica
Ruth Ann Landry

Post by Ruth Ann Landry »

how about cutting strips of grunge and adhereing together to create your own fence???
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

good grief--it took me 3 tries to finish reading all the steps on his blog. It would probably take me the whole month just to do this one tag. It's cute though
azemigh

Post by azemigh »

I just finished mine. It didn't really take too long. I don't have any dies, but I have alot of grungeboard images and plain, so I took the Halloween house and traced around it on some already embossed woodlike grunge; I handcut my picket fence out of grunge as well. My tree is made from 6 of the CS Friendship kit twisties.
Attachments
Day1TH!12Tags2010.jpg
Day1TH!12Tags2010.jpg (38.49 KiB) Viewed 505 times
Ruth Ann Landry

Post by Ruth Ann Landry »

holy moley Rachelle.....and what a neat tag!
Monica

Post by Monica »

Ruth Ann Landry wrote:how about cutting strips of grunge and adhereing together to create your own fence???
Good idea! Thanks! :creating:

Rachelle, that's a beautiful tag! And I may have just solved my tree question since I believe I still have some of those twist-ties lying around. Thanks!

Monica
Paula

Post by Paula »

Love it Rachelle. Neat substitutions!!
gwendols

Post by gwendols »

Great tag!! I too have been thinking about the best way to try this. Love all the great ideas.
Gwen Godfrey
#6 in the order of PAO
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

Great improvisation, Rachelle. Good job!
julierealtor

Post by julierealtor »

Great tag Rachelle. I think that was part of the fun last year was watching everyone doing their own improvisation. In my mind, it's more about learning the technique and trying to think outside of the box. You rock Rachelle.