A Request

Notes to and from the paowers that be
Sharonv

A Request

Post by Sharonv »

Hi Admin

I know that I can use keyboard strokes to open a link in a new page etc, but any chance of changing the html so that when people enter a link it automatically opens in a new page. I just like it to open automatically so that I can still keep my page open on POA and browse the other link.

Hope that makes sense :)
LadyJaine

Re: A Request

Post by LadyJaine »

I always right click on links and select to open them in a new tab. Different browsers do different things by default, and many of them can be set to the user's choice, instead of the default. Each person has their own preferences and no administrator can make everyone happy. I do not like pages to open in new windows. Because a new window uses more processor than a new tab, opening lots of windows slows down my computer.
Paula

Post by Paula »

good point!
Sharonv

Post by Sharonv »

I meant a new tab...
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

Hey Sharon - unfortunately, there's no setting that can be flipped to automatically open links in new tabs. Jean hit it right on - link behavior is a function of the browser first and foremost. And not all browsers do tabs anyway. So I'm afraid the short answer is no- that's not an option, and as far as mangling the code to do it - another no. Every time the board gets patched, all customizations go away and have to be replaced. Not a fun task. And who knows what else might break in the process.

I like things open in a separate tab too, which is why I've gotten myself into the habit of right clicking links and selecting the option that works best at that time.
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
Sharonv

Post by Sharonv »

No worries :)