Registration at PaperArtistsOnline Forum

Notes to and from the paowers that be
Monica

Re: Registration at PaperArtistsOnline Forum

Post by Monica »

Thank you for doing this, Julie! I'd say move both threads containing addresses to that forum, and that way no one is in danger of having their information accidentally passed along.

Monica
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
azemigh

Post by azemigh »

I could not see the Address forum and I did go make the request. Thanks, Julie!
djenns

Post by djenns »

As per Julie's request - I have removed the addresses from the OCAM and B_DAY Master list.....I hope everyone understands all this better than I do.

I still have cards to mail and I know "lurking" members that may miss this thread - as it will disappear after time......and won't know what to do.

Diana
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

I'm so sorry Diana - I didn't mean for this to be so confusing! The master lists on OCAM and Birthday club will never go away in those forums. And you'll still be able to add people to either list. You just won't include their address when you add them, and you won't have to worry about people PMing you with their address info, or letting you know if it changes. The addresses will just be listed somewhere else. Nothing else about OCAM or Birthday club will change.

Does that make more sense?

I copied your messages into the new address list forum, as a temporary place to list addresses until everyone joins the group. Once everyone who needs/wants to joins the Address Exchange group, we won't need the additional copy of those master lists in the address list forum. But the names will still be in OCAM and Birthday Club. Is that a better explanation?
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
djenns

Post by djenns »

I think I've got it through this "old" brain.......lol

thanks
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

Whew. I'm glad. I didn't do a very good job explaining it the first time, I think. Transition is always difficult. It will probably take the better part of a month to get everyone set up in the super-private forum, because some probably only stop by once a month to see who they need to send something to. But after that, I think this will be a lot easier to manage, and a lot more secure. :-)
Julie Fugina
azemigh

Post by azemigh »

I went and looked at the home page and there is a latest topics part at the bottom. My post that I just made to put my address is there and when I clicked on it it took me right to it. I just want to make sure that it is only users of the address group that can actually click on those posts, right?
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

You were able to go to the topic because you are a member of the group Rachelle. But Diana mentioned the same thing so I went to check it out. You can't get to the topic if you aren't signed in and aren't a member of the group. However, I found a setting where I can specifically list which forums that the homepage can pull from. I just took the three private forums out of there. I also took out Housekeeping. That should keep that stuff from even listing on the homepage.

You ladies all have very good eyes, and I appreciate all of your help with covering all the angles. :happy94:
Julie Fugina
azemigh

Post by azemigh »

Thanks so much!!! You're the best! :cool5: