Tim Holtz Compendium Challenge

Are you a Tim Holtz fan? We are!
djenns

Re: Tim Holtz Compendium Challenge

Post by djenns »

You have all done some pretty terrific projects.........

Diana
Judi in IL

Post by Judi in IL »

These projects are all so wonderful!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: TFS!!!
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

Rachelle, I love love love those Castaway cards. Will be CASEing, if you don't mind. Great idea for the water look.
capescrapper

Post by capescrapper »

Jen your houses are just so darn cute!

Rachelle, the drawer fronts are all amazing! And the Castaway cards are so yummy! Those are colors just explode off the page!

PS it was so good meeting you in the iChat the other day at Lynn's! :happy94:
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

Another Sunday night, another little house. This Ice House was created for Linda Ledbetter’s Compendium of Curiosities Challenge #22 at Studio L3. This week’s technique is Alcohol Ink Splatter on page 52 in Tim Holtz’s inspirational book. I have used it on the entire support structure and the photo on the right best illustrates the technique.

Supplies used: All cardstock from Club Scrap (kits used were Time and Space, Solstice, Stratosphere, and Textiles and Notions). Stamp (around perimeter) from All That Glitters, also Club Scrap. Snowflake from Joyful and bling doorknob from Jubilee, again all from Club Scrap kits. Metal snowman charm from Making Memories. Alcohol inks from Ranger. All house cardstock shapes cut on Silhouette SD. Roof design created with doily lace punch from Martha Stewart. Also used Stickles from Ranger. In addition, I used generic dollar bin glitter on the rooftop to simulate snow. I had planned to just place a strip of it along the roof ridge, but in a happy accident, the entire lid blew off when I squeezed the bottle and blobs of glitter glue landed on my work surface. I scraped it up with a popsicle stick and voila, we have a snow-laden roof.

Thank you for looking and thanks so much for all the supportive comments.

Jennifer
Attachments
Ice House CS.jpg
Ice House CS.jpg (172.82 KiB) Viewed 264 times
fuzzylover

Post by fuzzylover »

ScrappinJen - love your "happy accident" - it doesn't look like one - looks like you planned it that way.
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

Those houses are wonderful. I also love the "accident" you had. Makes for a great finishing touch.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

Finally, the fourth house in my Little House series. The original is created for Linda Ledbetter’s Compendium of Curiosities Challenge #23 at Studio L3. This week’s technique is Double Distress on page 40 of Tim Holtz’s inspirational book. Check it out to learn the technique. I have used it on the entire support structure and the chimney.

Supplies used: All cardstock from Club Scrap (kits used were Let Me Count The Ways for the house and Academy brown for the door, windows and trim, Ornamental for roof). Bead doorknob from Study in Red. Chimney is made from Grunge Paper. House and chimney textured in Cuttlebug folder called Tiny Mosaic Texture. Window “glass” is Bic Mark-it Summer Melon on recycled Post Office glassine envelope. Distress inks from Ranger. All house cardstock shapes cut on Silhouette SD. Credit to my friend and fellow crafter Farley Cross for teaching me how to make a chimney.
Attachments
BrickHouse CS.jpg
BrickHouse CS.jpg (198.22 KiB) Viewed 239 times
azemigh

Post by azemigh »

Just realized I haven't been keeping up to date with posting all the CCC challenges here. I have 2 more drawer fronts done and a misted card. The first one is my 8th drawer front, using the Rusted Grunge technique on page 45. Next is a card using the Distres Misting Masks on page 60 with the mask that came with the Arts & Crafts kit. And finally, drawer front #9 for this week's challeng-Colorful Layered Fragments.
Attachments
RustyDrawerFront.jpg
RustyDrawerFront.jpg (65.75 KiB) Viewed 227 times
DistressMistingMasks.jpg
DistressMistingMasks.jpg (44.5 KiB) Viewed 227 times
Drawer9ColoredFragments.jpg
Drawer9ColoredFragments.jpg (64.59 KiB) Viewed 227 times
aprilpzzl

Post by aprilpzzl »

I'm in awe with the work from each and every one of you.

Still grieving for my lost copy of Compendium. ;^(
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

Love that art deco drawer. Forgot to post mine here but until I have time, you can see them on my blog if you want to travel over there.
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

Very cool Rachelle!
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
jmp1022

Post by jmp1022 »

What great projects
Jill P
# 42 in order PAO
http://jmp1022.blogspot.com/

Northeast Illinois
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

Here is my submission for Week # 28. Thanks for looking.

Jennifer
http://scraphappysistersink.blogspot.co ... hered.html
Attachments
CCC 28 AllThingsTim.jpg
CCC 28 AllThingsTim.jpg (142.36 KiB) Viewed 200 times
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

And here is the one for this week. Week 29. Weathered Wood Grunge. This is a Valentine for my hubby.

Thanks for looking.

Jennifer
http://scraphappysistersink.blogspot.co ... hered.html
Attachments
CCC 29 PAO.jpg
CCC 29 PAO.jpg (120.98 KiB) Viewed 200 times