a flower technique book...WK 6..Ribbon flowers, more

Ruth Ann Landry

Re: a flower technique book...WEEK THREE

Post by Ruth Ann Landry »

lovely, Patti.....
InkPattie

Post by InkPattie »

Look how pretty Tim's die cut flowers look with the burnished technique...
Attachments
DSC00748.JPG
DSC00748.JPG (27.09 KiB) Viewed 691 times
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

Very cool.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

Here are some that I have made and I am actually using them so I haven't done any to put on pages yet. The first set is done using a Stampin' Up Flower punch 5 petal. The flower with the big button in the center is 2 curled in opposite directions Club Scrap Birds of a Feather kit. The other 2 with smaller brads are just one but when I curled it I split the petals and have them going in opposite directions.
Feather Paper flowers.jpg
Feather Paper flowers.jpg (31.99 KiB) Viewed 674 times
These next 4 are all Stampin' Up Designer papers. Top left one is 2 scallops curled opposite with a dimensional between. The big one with many layers is the 5 petal punch with 10 layers crumpled and curled.
The little on is actually a butterfly punch used 2 times and sponed on the edges.
Last one is 8 layers scallop punch. These are all fun to do. I certainly have plenty of designer papers.
Paper flowers.jpg
Paper flowers.jpg (38.78 KiB) Viewed 674 times
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
Ruth Ann Landry

great flowers, cheryl....
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Ruth Ann - did you use your metal tool to do the burnishing? It's amazing what a difference just that one step makes in the finished product. I can see using this one a lot.
Pam Cook #48
Ruth Ann Landry

yes I did...and it does make an amazing difference...
Monica

Post by Monica »

Okay, I finally got the scanner hooked up again, so here's the start of my book. I've had this large tag book for I have no idea how long, and it was sitting on a corner of my desk when I was trying to decide what to put the techniques in, so it was drafted! I'm using both sides of each page, since the book will be bulky anyway. The front and back were already covered in patterned papers for a project that I evidently decided not to do after covering them, and the flower on the cover is something that's been kicking around my desktop for quite awhile and seemed fitting for this project. I used a bit of gesso on the bottom of the cover to write when I started this book, but for some reason the pen I used bled, so although I can still read it, it's not as pretty as it was when I wrote it. :angry42: The first 2 pages inside are weeks 1 & 2 of the flower techniques. The second week got a smidge mashed as I had to put some pressure on the scanner lid to get a good scan.
Attachments
img001.jpg
img001.jpg (79.14 KiB) Viewed 639 times
img002.jpg
img002.jpg (58.31 KiB) Viewed 638 times
img003.jpg
img003.jpg (67.48 KiB) Viewed 638 times
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
Monica

Post by Monica »

Here are weeks 3 & 4.
Attachments
img004.jpg
img004.jpg (72.92 KiB) Viewed 632 times
img005.jpg
img005.jpg (72.69 KiB) Viewed 632 times
Monica

Post by Monica »

And 2 more pages using the techniques from the latest Creating Keepsakes magazine. In case you're wondering.... the long thin letter I used for the bigger flower was a Q, although I didn't realize that until I'd stamped the first letter. Worked quite well, though! I used a couple CS alphabets for these.... I'm pretty sure one of them was Rhapsody, but I'm not sure which one the smaller O came from. The second flower technique I did using my Spellbinders scallop die in the Cuttlebug and a scrap of patterned paper from my scrap box. I think next time i try it I'll use a text-weight paper, as the one I used is a light cardstock and I never did get it exactly the way I wanted it to look! I inked the edges and the inside of the flower before folding to give it more depth, then secured each layer with a glue dot once I was okay with the way it fit together. I ended up trimming down the bottom point from each inside layer to get it to fit right.
Attachments
img006.jpg
img006.jpg (74.1 KiB) Viewed 624 times
img007.jpg
img007.jpg (63.64 KiB) Viewed 624 times
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

Monica I love the idea of using large tags. I may just have to CASE that one. On one of mine I used heavy CS card stock but after curling the ends I was actually able to split the flower. Might want to give it a try. You can then double them up. Love the idea of using alphas I also will have to CASE that.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
Monica

Post by Monica »

Cheryl, I saw your cool flowers with the cardstock that split to create layers. I was thinking of trying that with some scraps of Private Eye, since I know those papers split apart beautifully. I'll have to try it with some scraps when I have a few moments to play again. :)

Monica
Ruth Ann Landry

QUESTION: would you want more than one technique a week or is one a week plenty? I have several already worked up and could do two a week if you prefer....LMK.
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

More than one a week is fine
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
Monica

Post by Monica »

Ruth Ann Landry wrote:QUESTION: would you want more than one technique a week or is one a week plenty? I have several already worked up and could do two a week if you prefer....LMK.
It doesn't matter to me.... I do them when I have a chance. I completed each week's flowers while watching TV in the evening, then wanted more so I dug out the current CK to try a couple from. I also have a couple older magazines that have some floral stuff in them, so those got added to the list of ones to try as well.

Monica