Girly banner

Yoli

Girly banner

Post by Yoli »

Created this little banner for a swap. I used flower petals to create the dress on the dress form. I used Tattered Angeles to color the flower petals. I used the Home Decor cricut cartridge to cut out the chandelier then completely covered it with glitter. BTW . . . that was a pain. I hope it travels well. :-( I used glitter glue and yet the stuff came off. I read that you should spray it with hairspray to keep the glitter from falling off but that did not work very well. This is why I generally prefer Stickles. Any advice on how to work with glitter would be greatly appreciated.

TFL!
Attachments
6x6 cuadros swap.JPG
6x6 cuadros swap.JPG (26.83 KiB) Viewed 407 times
6x6 cuadros swap (5).JPG
6x6 cuadros swap (5).JPG (53.37 KiB) Viewed 407 times
julierealtor

Re: Girly banner

Post by julierealtor »

Pretty piece....I use glitter glue from Artquest
Ruth Ann Landry

Post by Ruth Ann Landry »

I wonder if a thin layer of glossy accents would hold it down???
Yoli

Post by Yoli »

I should have started with glossy accents. Now I'm afraid to touch it. :-( I used the Martha Stewart glitter glue but unfortunately it did not work as well as I hoped. :-(
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

Beautiful piece Yoli!
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
capescrapper

Post by capescrapper »

Oh Yoli, that is so pretty!
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

I love it Yoli!! Would like to make some for my DGD's.
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

Beautiful Yoli! Take a small paint brush and brush on some CE over top. That should hold it. I use glitter with CE all the time.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
Paula

Post by Paula »

that is so cute!!
julierealtor

Post by julierealtor »

troublesmom wrote:Beautiful Yoli! Take a small paint brush and brush on some CE over top. That should hold it. I use glitter with CE all the time.
What is CE?
Yoli

Post by Yoli »

julierealtor wrote:
troublesmom wrote:Beautiful Yoli! Take a small paint brush and brush on some CE over top. That should hold it. I use glitter with CE all the time.
What is CE?
Crystal Effects. I had used CE in the past but it was lumpy. However I did not brush it on so I will try that next time. Thanks ladies!
bethrich

Post by bethrich »

That's so pretty, Yoli. I love what you did with the chandelier. I've used Glossy Accents on things like that.
Maree

Post by Maree »

Very pretty. Love it