Scenic Stamping Chaos

Holly

Re: Scenic Stamping Chaos

Post by Holly »

Lovely! and Inspiring!
Monica

Post by Monica »

You'd all cease to be intimidated by those stamps if you'd seen Kevin Nakimura use them at a convention. No careful measuring, no exact placement... it's very freeing. I've done make-n-takes twice at their booth while at convention in Puyallup and had a blast. (and bought a ton of stuff....) I always forget I have those stamps after convention though, so I guess it's time to give them a dedicated stamp drawer so they get used. Check out the stampscapes website for lots of cool ideas.

Monica
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
azemigh

Post by azemigh »

here's a little sneak peek at my tag along card for the March themed swap. I bought the little man in the rowboat (which is a stampscapes stamp) while on vacation and did this zindorf style card with it.
Attachments
TagAlongCard.jpg
TagAlongCard.jpg (21.22 KiB) Viewed 176 times
julierealtor

Post by julierealtor »

I love it Rachelle...you actually found some Stampscapes in the store?
julierealtor

Post by julierealtor »

Monica wrote:You'd all cease to be intimidated by those stamps if you'd seen Kevin Nakimura use them at a convention. No careful measuring, no exact placement... it's very freeing. I've done make-n-takes twice at their booth while at convention in Puyallup and had a blast. (and bought a ton of stuff....) I always forget I have those stamps after convention though, so I guess it's time to give them a dedicated stamp drawer so they get used. Check out the stampscapes website for lots of cool ideas.

Monica
I'd love to see a pic if you still have them Monica...
azemigh

Post by azemigh »

julierealtor wrote:I love it Rachelle...you actually found some Stampscapes in the store?
thanks Julie; yep it's a rubber stamping store in Florence, Oregon and they were loaded with stampscapes stamps; I think they even offered classes.
Holly

Post by Holly »

They have stampscapes stamps at a local LSS in Lecanto, Florida. It's about a 45 minute ride for me, so I don't go to often, but I should go just to get some of these. Last time I went, I almost bought several, but then backed down from it. After seeing Julie's-- I just might make that trip again. Julie and Rachelle, they truly make a beautiful card.
bethrich

Post by bethrich »

Julie, I remember seeing your cards before. That's why I bought the stamps -- it's all your fault! :tomato:

My problem is not enough dye inks. At least that's what seems to be the recommendations on the idea cards. I mostly have pigment inks. I need a run to a good store to find some inks. Or a serious online shopping session ...
julierealtor

Post by julierealtor »

bethrich wrote:Julie, I remember seeing your cards before. That's why I bought the stamps -- it's all your fault! :tomato:

My problem is not enough dye inks. At least that's what seems to be the recommendations on the idea cards. I mostly have pigment inks. I need a run to a good store to find some inks. Or a serious online shopping session ...
Beth, I know a lot of stampers use Marvy Matchables for scenic stamping, I own all the Adirondacks, so that's what I use. I think the Marvy are less expensive...but I know the distress inks don't work well for this...they aren't light-fast enough (don't hold their color over time). Just an FYI...

Edited to add: There is a spray available to 'fix' the color, like a paper laquer...but again...the distress inks would run.
NannieKK

Post by NannieKK »

Julie, these are really nice. I want to check out the website...have never seen scenic stamps, but after seeing yours, I'm very interested. Thanks for sharing. Kaye
Monica

Post by Monica »

Our friend Stampo at Viva Las Vegastamps also carries Stampscapes stamps. Yeah, dye inks are definitely what you want to use. I use the Ranger Adirondacks, since I bought the whole set 10+ years ago when I was getting into stamping, but the Marvy Matchables are what they use at convention. The Adirondacks have a more intense, daker color to them, which I prefer to the pale look from my convention samples. I do have the samples still, so I'll try and scare them up and take a picture. I also have the ones I did the week after convention, using the Adirondacks. The first Make N Take I took was using Stampbord as a base, and the second one was simply using glossy paper. Needless to say, I now have a baggie of Stampbord and a ream of glossy paper.... lolz!

Monica
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
Sharonv

Post by Sharonv »

I won a set of these stampscape stamps from Stampers Quest and I am still too scared to use them!
julierealtor

Post by julierealtor »

Sharonv wrote:I won a set of these stampscape stamps from Stampers Quest and I am still too scared to use them!
It's just paper and ink AND there are 2 sides to the paper...
julierealtor

Post by julierealtor »

So here's an example of a colorized image. I actually messed up on the stamping of this one and ended up cutting it down to show just part of the image. I used sponges to color and as you can see, it's not perfect...but I don't feel it needs to be. So many of you talked about your aversion to coloring, but this really is simple. I needed a quick card for my brother and it took about 10 minutes to color.
Attachments
DSCN1929 (Medium).JPG
DSCN1929 (Medium).JPG (48.21 KiB) Viewed 100 times
Paula

Post by Paula »

Breathtaking card!!! And I don't see where you messed up :angel: