Pops.jpg
Pops.jpg (43.95 KiB) Viewed 496 times
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
Monica

Re: Color Organizataion Help

Post by Monica »

ROFL! Cheryl, you are using the exact same containers I do!! (The clear plastic bins) Great minds DO think alike! :happy94: I need to find a couple more of those though.... and since I bought mine years ago I have no idea where to look now.

Monica
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

Monica I got mine at both the Dollar Tree and WalMart for $1 Love them.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
Holly

Post by Holly »

I have so many kits ALSB'd already, that I decided that the remainder paper is all going to be color sorted. I can pick and choose color combos for my LO's without having to go into the different packs. So on to the 12 x 12 and 8 x 11's. So far this is working much better for me. I had my pops done this way and find it to my liking.
bethrich

Post by bethrich »

Luly, I'm totally an organize by color type of person. It's been a huge help. We custom built pop shelves to fit in the available space between my two organizers. The pop shelf is 5 inches deep, so the 5x7 and 3x5s fit nicely, the mattes and 6x4s hang out a bit.

The only problem is I've now overflowed and also have some off-size pops. So this question motivated me to do a bit of reorganization before taking photos. I had some embellishment containers that were not effective, so I cleaned them out and made more shelf space for the good stuff! Thanks for the motivation!
DSCN1785Sm.jpg
DSCN1785Sm.jpg (114.94 KiB) Viewed 468 times
julierealtor

Post by julierealtor »

Beth, you need to come to my house.... :D I did pull all of my packets of POP's and sort them just by size into different boxes...can't really bring myself to separate them from kit order....Now I think I'll use them more, although I do use the larger ones all the time. So here's the question...what do we do with all these 3x5's?
Paula

Post by Paula »

Beth, Awesome job! I absolutely love your organization :happy94: If I flatter you more, will you come do mine?
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Holy cow Beth!
My pops fit in a drawer in no particular order. I'm doing my best to use them up this year. They make me feel guilty because I ignore them and they're just taking up space. When I finish a project, if I have paper left over, I cut it into photo matte size and put it in the drawer. I have delusions of using them but I rarely do.
Pam Cook #48
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

Pam I am trying really hard to use my POPS and keep one box on my workspace all the time. Trouble is I keep the larger ones there so the smaller ones tend to get left behind. I'm going to try and use them under embellishments on layout more.

Beth one quick question what are the different color dots on your stamps for? I love your space so very nice and neat.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
bethrich

Post by bethrich »

Julie, 3x5s, good question, even with the occasional use for a punch or card, they sure do seem to hang around forever!

Cheryl, thanks. The stamps have a numbered dot on the edge and on the top. I place a letter-size group of stamps, top down, on the color copier and make a copy. That becomes a printed catalog so I don't have to dig to find a stamp. The UMs are not that organized yet.

Paula, nope, it's all I can do to keep myself semi-organized in my tiny space! ;)
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

Wow Beth
I am totally impressed.

my Pops are in bins (with no thought to size or color) stacked in piles on shelves and on the floor. I'm,um, not the most organized person :roll:
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

So what do the different color dots on your stamps represent?
bethrich

Post by bethrich »

Different colors really don't mean anything. With 4 colors, the number of stamps I have to look at to find the right number is reduced. And since I'm on this journey ... here's how my catalog looks.
DSCN1786Sm2.jpg
DSCN1786Sm2.jpg (76.32 KiB) Viewed 387 times
Yoli

Post by Yoli »

OMG! Beth my heart is with you but my room is not! :hijack: I am a moderator on a yahoo group dedicated to sharing ideas on how to best organizing our craft rooms. If you interested please join us http://groups.yahoo.com/group/scrapbookingrooms/. For our challenge this month we are creating a stamp index binder like yours Beth.

Now regarding the original post by Lulu, I did not buy any pops but I do have the 4x6 mats that came with the embellishment kits. I often mat photos & journaling blocks. So your post came at the perfect time because I starting to organize my mats by colors. I have two containers available to hold my mats. I could use either the 'vintage' floppy holder or the a cd case from Ikea. See pics below. Now I have to decide whether or not to organize the 4x6 mats that came with the kits along with the other mats.
Attachments
photo mat containers.JPG
photo mat containers.JPG (35.67 KiB) Viewed 375 times
arbywytz

Post by arbywytz »

Yoli, I need help. I'm joining your group!!