Color Organizataion Help

New tricks to amaze your friends
Luly

Color Organizataion Help

Post by Luly »

Ok, so I found these really cool small clear plastic bins. They would fit my POPS in them perfectly.

Here is what I need help with:

I want to organize them by color. Right now I just stuffed them in there in the kit order they came in.

I want to make them a gradual progression of colors so I can look for blues and viola! Every shade of blue from our kits.

Anyone have a picture of colors in some sort of order or something similar?

I would really appreciate it..

Thanks all....

:happywave:
julierealtor

Re: Color Organizataion Help

Post by julierealtor »

I'm interested in this also...my pops runneth over. Luly, I would like to see the bin you bought too.
InkPattie

Post by InkPattie »

I usually do rainbow order if they are all in one bin--ROY G BIV (pink, Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Indigo, Violet, then brown, black, gray, white).

If I have drawers, I put neutrals in one, red/orange/yellow/pink in one, green/blue/violet in one. It only gets tricky if you have a greenish-gray or a creamy yellow sort of paper...usually I put those with the colors, because that's where I go to match something closely, not the neutrals.

I have some of my POPs in shoeboxes, that happen to be about 11 inches long. I can get a row of 4x6 and a row of 3x5 side by side, in rainbow order. Most POPs are those sizes, plus 5x7, which can go flat on top of the 3x5, or in a separate box.
Luly

Post by Luly »

Pattie, thanks so much for the help. I will have to take some time and try that out. It seems it would be easier for me to find them in that order rather than by kit.

Julie, here are the bins I found at Wally World. Only 3 dollars each. This is as far I got.
Attachments
100_0851.JPG
100_0851.JPG (76.94 KiB) Viewed 699 times
100_0850.JPG
100_0850.JPG (74.46 KiB) Viewed 698 times
Monica

Post by Monica »

I have mine sorted by 3 sizes, and then kind of random after that. I used to have them sorted by color, but that went to the wayside when I let them stack up for a few months. ;) I find it so much easier for me to grab the 5X7 or 4X6 sizes when I'm wanting mattes for photos or layers for cards, and the smallest ones when I'm wanting a small piece for something. Who knows? Maybe I'll get inspired to get mine back in color order! Lolz!

Monica
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
InkPattie

Post by InkPattie »

ooooh! That makes me want to dive in and rearrange them all! I'm sick like that. :roll:
Monica

Post by Monica »

InkPattie wrote:ooooh! That makes me want to dive in and rearrange them all! I'm sick like that. :roll:
You and me both!! :happy94:

Monica
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
EDelValle

Post by EDelValle »

I have mine sorted by size and color.
seperated by size in the photo boxes
from the craft store with a couple larger ones for the
larger sizes and then in each box I have them sorted
by colors; blues and greens together, neutrals, etc.
My problem is i keep buying them, quicker than I use
them. LOL
Be Yourself, Everyone else is taken

Elizabeth in Brooklyn
jmp1022

Post by jmp1022 »

Mine are not sorted at all. Just stuck them in photo boxes that have lids.
Jill P
# 42 in order PAO
http://jmp1022.blogspot.com/

Northeast Illinois
Luly

Post by Luly »

Pattie, Monica...come on over! I am considering what a daunting task it is going to be and frankly feeling a little intimidated. I didn't realize how many I had until I bough 7 bins and had to go back for more..

:oops:
Paula

Post by Paula »

Oh my, Luly,-----do we have a problem here? I don't see a problem :creating: :creating: :creating:
Luly

Post by Luly »

Paula I knew you would understand... :lol:
arbywytz

Post by arbywytz »

My POPs are totally out of control so thanks for the ideas. I'm liking sorting them by size and then color. Yet another thing that needs taking care of. At least I've a plan now. Thanks!!
pugmom

Post by pugmom »

Guess what I started doing at 6:30 this morning :lol: . I have (had) two large drawers of pops, still in their baggies, labeled by kit. After reading this thread, I decided to disect them and sort by color. I'm not done yet, but I think I'm going to like this system much better.

Thanks so much, ladies!
Sue in NC (formerly known as Sue in Colorado)
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

That is the way I have them Monica. All the big ones are actually in a shoe box and I just kind of keep the colors together but they are sorted by size. I'll try and get a photo a little later.
Monica wrote:I have mine sorted by 3 sizes, and then kind of random after that. I used to have them sorted by color, but that went to the wayside when I let them stack up for a few months. ;) I find it so much easier for me to grab the 5X7 or 4X6 sizes when I'm wanting mattes for photos or layers for cards, and the smallest ones when I'm wanting a small piece for something. Who knows? Maybe I'll get inspired to get mine back in color order! Lolz!

Monica
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO