Color Organizataion Help

New tricks to amaze your friends
arbywytz

Re: Color Organizataion Help

Post by arbywytz »

I haven't taken any pics yet, but I was at AC Moore yesterday and bought POP-sized plastic containers at $2.99 each. That may seem like a lot, but I used coupons (I brought dh and my parents, lol!.) They hold a LOT of POPs. I think I'll buy a couple more for future ones. Now I can't decide whether to leave them by kit or by color. Anyway, thanks ya'll for the motivation to get them under control!

Beth, do you do consultations?? I think we all could keep you in business!
Yoli

Post by Yoli »

Good start to this new project. I've started organizing the 4x6 papers in the vintage floppy holder I repurposed from hubby's stash. I organized the 4x6 mats by color but kept the Autumn & Christmas stacks together. In the past I've refrained from purchasing pops or the 4x6 papers stash simply because I had no place to put them. I'll be sure to pick a stack from Michaels or Joanns the next time they are on sale.
Attachments
4x6holder (1).JPG
4x6holder (1).JPG (27.81 KiB) Viewed 426 times
4x6holder.JPG
4x6holder.JPG (24.09 KiB) Viewed 427 times
bethrich

Post by bethrich »

Yoli, that is such a fabulous use for those old disk holders!
Sharonv

Post by Sharonv »

My DD and I sorted all the pops by colour last year and keep them in uncovered bins. I find sorting by colour is so much easier. I use the same theory as Pattie, with the rainbow order :)
Luly

Post by Luly »

Ok, so here is what I have so far and no, I Still Don't Think I Have a Problem!

:embarassed:
Attachments
organized.JPG
organized.JPG (57.19 KiB) Viewed 379 times
Monica

Post by Monica »

Cool storage bins, Luly! And now I have a photot to show DH to prove that someone does have more POPs than me! I've only got 2 plastic crates of the.... well, and enough to fill at least one more crate but I need to go buy another couple to fill.

Monica
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Seriously considering sorting mine by color and putting them in my scraprack. That would empty a nice deep drawer...
I'm feeling a craft room purge coming on. Haven't used anything out of my old CS kits in almost a year. In my world, that means I've used as much as I'm going to and it's time to let it go.
Anything to avoid getting my supplies organized for Re(create).
Pam Cook #48
jdrhope

Post by jdrhope »

pamcook wrote: Haven't used anything out of my old CS kits in almost a year. In my world, that means I've used as much as I'm going to and it's time to let it go.

That is the same thing that I have been thinking about this weekend. Like minds, I guess.
n8tvtexan

Post by n8tvtexan »

oohhhhh Now I'm inspired to sort my POPs after PSl is over. Right now,they are in their baggies and then in a big bag as a group. Some kits, all I have leftover is POPs. Thats whay many kits are together in one big bag.
Yoli

Post by Yoli »

Luly wrote:. . . I Still Don't Think I Have a Problem!

:embarassed:
None of us do!! :D Great job sorting and organizing!
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

Well I noticed that one container has hardly anything in it--what's up with that?????LOL
Luly

Post by Luly »

Monica, glad I could be of some help. There is always someone with more stuff than us. We just have to find them.

Rinda, thanks for the support. We do not have a problem.

Debbie, that one has the over-sized POPs in them. Also note the phrase: 'this is what I have so far'. I still have one entire over-the-door shoe organizer full of pops. :cool5:
Paula

Post by Paula »

Debbie J wrote:Well I noticed that one container has hardly anything in it--what's up with that?????LOL
:lol: :lol: :lol:
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

Ehhh, Luly, I hope you aren't getting the POPs anymore!!!

I've never really been able to see the fascination with POPs. Maybe it's because I don't mat every photo I scrap. But I generate enough scraps of paper without buying more. So, what's the attraction.................. :tomato:
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
Luly

Post by Luly »

I have to say I do have an unusual fascination with POPs. That being said, I do use them often. Mats, projects, cards etc. They come in pretty handy. I get 2 sets a month.. :oops: