Did you see we're now on Pink Donut!

Notes to and from the paowers that be
Sharonv

Re: Did you see we're now on Pink Donut!

Post by Sharonv »

Wow... well done to all!
Holly

Post by Holly »

But it says 11 down below here, and I thought that is our ranking. We atarted at 55 yesterday. and have moved up.
bethrich

Post by bethrich »

I think it's number of posts and we will move around in the rankings. So keep chatting! :greenbounce:
Holly

Post by Holly »

Number of posts per time period?
bethrich

Post by bethrich »

Maybe by the hour or by the day... not really sure how they do it. Back when we were doing PSL, CS would usually stay at #1. At times other than PSL it would drop down to #2 pretty often. Actually, it might be by number of page hits, as I think about it.

Just keep reading and chatting, and we'll stay in the top 10!
Holly

Post by Holly »

So it means we should change pages often, I mean if we want to cheat a bit.
Luly

Post by Luly »

It cant hurt...right?
Holly

Post by Holly »

You bad! Image
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

Well heaven knows I check in often enough to keep us in the top 10.

Pam
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
Hasmom99

Post by Hasmom99 »

Don't keep changing pages! I can't keep up with all the chatting as it is! :tomato:
Monica

Post by Monica »

Hey, even the top 15 is great!! Think of all the sites that aren't even on the list!! We rock!

Monica
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
Lynn K

Post by Lynn K »

We rock weather we are #1 or #50. Like a birthday, it is just a number :) Thanks again Queen and Mistress PAO!!! YOU ROCK!! :happywave: :happywave:
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

If you click on the picture, it takes you to the pink donut page, and if you click on the "Add" link for your site, you can see all of the sites with their stats. Now, it doesn't really make it clear how the rankings work, but it looks to me like it's based on number of unique page impressions.

What does that mean? Well, when first person posted this thread, it created a new page. Every time someone read this topic, it logged an impression, but not a unique impression (those are two separate stats) another *unique* impression would be made when the thread turns over to another page.

Whoever said that every post matters, I'm thinking that's got to be true also, because if you look up in the URL, every post, or reply, has a different URL, which means a different page impression. However, just reading through threads matters also. So like, if someone posted to the gallery a long time ago, but then someone new comes along and starts browsing the gallery, those are going to count towards the number of unique page impressions - even through the thread itself isn't new.

Pink donut might have all of this explained somewhere - but I'm just making a conjecture based on the stats that they're showing that affect the ranking.

Clear as mud? :whack:
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
ClareH

Post by ClareH »

Julie,
thanks for the explanation! I think I get it (at least a little of it!)
I"ve never notice pink donut before and now have found alot of new places to check out....
altho I don't have enough time in my day for all these sites!
ClareH

Post by ClareH »

I was just on the pink donut site and we were in the top ten! number 8! wow! I still don't understand how it works, but when I saw "Paper Artists Online" I thought, my that looks familar, so I clicked the link and here I was! woo hoo!