You must have known...

julierealtor

You must have known...

Post by julierealtor »

exactly how to break my heart (joy) with quick and exacting precision today. I've been in bed for the last couple of days with the dreaded flu and cold. This afternoon I got dressed to try and walk my poor dog and get some fresh air. I knew it would be short and sweet for lack of energy, but did make it to the road to get my mail. When I pulled this special package out of my mailbox, my first thought is ohh Holly swapped us out and rushed anxiously to my front porch to sit in the sun a bit and relish my goodies. I always relish my goodies from you girls.

When I opened the package I saw a book and I thought, oh nooo...this isn't my book and for a second I admit I was disappointed. So, I opened the card first to see who it was meant for...it said: Julie, this book comes as a gift of love from your sisters, and as individuals gifts from each of us...your sisters of of PAO

And if my snotty nose wasn't bad enough to start with...OMGoodness the tears flowed and continue as I write this... You have so touched my heart my PAO sisters...an unbelievable act of kindess and love...

So then, I slowly open the beautiful altered book and weep over every page...mushy yes...but remember, I don't feel well...you know how it is...the work is just so beautiful and heartfelt.

For those you of you that may not know, we had started an altered book project in 2008 I think, and mine was lost.

God bless each and every one of your hearts, this book will always have a very special meaning to me..as you can well imagine. Consider yourselves all hugged...ok? I'll post pic's...but give me a day or two...
pamcook

Re: You must have known...

Post by pamcook »

Looking forward to seeing it!

It's not fun when your artwork is lost...
Pam Cook #48
Ruth Ann Landry

Post by Ruth Ann Landry »

Awww....Jules...so happy to have been a part of it! Enjoy and show us when you feel better!
gwendols

Post by gwendols »

Awwwwww!!!! Another example of how wonderful you all are!!! :happy94:

Julie - I hope you feel better soon!!! Take care of yourself!! :happy94:
Gwen Godfrey
#6 in the order of PAO
pugmom

Post by pugmom »

Just got a little chill up my spine and tears in my eyes, also. I can't wait to see the finished product. Feel better real soon.
Sue in NC (formerly known as Sue in Colorado)
Monica

Post by Monica »

Julie, I'm so happy it came on a day when you needed some sunshine!! :happy94:

Monica
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

read it over and over again and know you are special.
:happy94:
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

I was so happy to be a part of this. I had never done one before but really enjoyed it. Hope you feel better soon. So glad to hear it arrived at the perfect time.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
Honey

Post by Honey »

I too was happy to be a part of it. Glad it arrived on a day when you needed an extra hug. :)
:happy94:
azemigh

Post by azemigh »

Oh Julie! I'm so happy it made you happy! although weepy, happy. It was a joy to work in it. And as you saw, we left the cover for you. I actually got to peek at it when Paula had it and it is really gorgeous. Post some pics when you're feeling up to it. :creating:

And kudoes to all you PAOer artists. We made this book in record time! :happywave:
Holly

Post by Holly »

I love that you love it Julie. Now just get well soon. :D
Paula

Post by Paula »

So glad you like your book. I truly enjoyed working on it. And knowing that yours had been lost, was all any of us needed to spur us on! So glad you like it, and feel better soon, my sista! You deserve some sun on your back :happy94:
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

So glad you liked it!!
It was fun to work on and even funner (is that a word??) knowing it would be special for you!!
julierealtor

Post by julierealtor »

Thank you girls...so here's the pics:
Christy.JPG
Christy.JPG (101.72 KiB) Viewed 678 times
Deb.JPG
Deb.JPG (94.09 KiB) Viewed 677 times
Honey.JPG
Honey.JPG (90.95 KiB) Viewed 672 times
julierealtor