birdhouses

Monica

birdhouses

Post by Monica »

Well, I had to run to the grocery store for milk this afternoon, and as Michael's is only a block farther, I stopped in to see what they had. A couple of years ago I altered a birdhouse, using scrapbook papers, for a challenge on a site that sadly went away. Today I found some cute birdhouses in the $1 bins in the spring section, and walked out with 4 to alter. I'm painting the first one right now with gesso as a base, and am trying to decide how I want to start the other ones. I'll post pictures once I get further along in the process. Would be fun to do a swap with these some day, too.

okay, now that I've typed this out, I'm thinking I'll paint the gesso on one more, then decide about the other 2. ;)

Anyway, just wanted to share!!

Monica
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
Maree

Re: birdhouses

Post by Maree »

My niece is getting married next year with a theme of Vintage French. She will be having the table centrepieces as birdcages filled with either flowers or a candle on a base of flowers. Gonna be interesting.
Can't wait to see your creations
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

sounds interesting-can't wait to see what you do
Monica

Post by Monica »

Here's my first birdhouse:

I covered it with the new Cosmo Circket Garden Variety 6X6 pad papers, since I wanted smaller prints than the 12X12s. I stained the window and perch with teak stain, then painted the rest with one of the Making Memories paints. You know, it doesn't look so much like I just slapped paint around IRl. The pictures make it look more like a kid's project!

Monica
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
Maree

Post by Maree »

:clap:
Ruth Ann Landry

Post by Ruth Ann Landry »

really cute project..you need a birdie!!!