Uses for stuff U bought U had to have but put in a drawer

Kellacious

Uses for stuff U bought U had to have but put in a drawer

Post by Kellacious »

For me, that would be the 31 bottles (and still acquiring) of: $1 Studio G glitter glue!

Since I have oodles of it (and yes, I believe I have almost every color they've produced/sold), I found a use for it!

My daughter likes the Disney princesses, but JoAnn (where I work part time) only had the 'cheap' valentine version without tattoos or anything special. I hauled out matching colors for each princess and glittered in their dress bodices to give it a little 'snazz.'

Worked pretty well! I believe I might try to liven up some other things hanging around, like store bought cards that I've had for YEARS!

Have you 'repurposed' a craft supply that you bought and didn't really touch for a while? Share it here, because I'm the only one buys things and doesn't use them, right?

Kelli
jfugina

Re: Uses for stuff U bought U had to have but put in a drawer

Post by jfugina »

I LOVE the idea of dressing up the inexpensive store-bought valentines! I'll try to remember that next year (when it's more than 12 hours away from having to stuff them in the backpack - hehe).

As far as using something I've had for a while, I'm not very great at it either. Just today I was looking for a Sizzix die that I knew I had, and came across about 15 dies that I had no idea I had. I'm certain they've never been used. There's got to be some official name for this level of addiction/hoarding, doesn't there? I mean, I could probably make a few house payments for the cost of the stuff in the scrap room, and at least one house payment's worth of stuff that's never been used.
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
InkPattie

Post by InkPattie »

Some time just before Thanksgiving, I was at an ATC swap at my LSS, and picked up a few things :angel: while I was there. When I came home, I handed the bag to DH and said these would make lovely stocking stuffers...well, my birthday came and went, and Christmas came and went, and I don't remember what was in the bag, but I know I never got it! And DH doesn't remember me handing it to him at all! So if he hid it somewhere to wrap later, it's missing big time! He has searched his closet-from-hell, and I've looked around in various places in case he just dropped it somewhere and then it got put with my mountains of other stuff, but so far, no luck...the only thing I remember was in there was a 12" long roll of copper metal. How can something that big and bulky be missing?
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

I refuse to admit I have this problem. However, I will say that when I do find a bag of stuff that I forgot I bought - it's like Christmas.
But I don't have this problem.
Pam Cook #48
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
InkPattie wrote:Some time just before Thanksgiving, I was at an ATC swap at my LSS, and picked up a few things :angel: while I was there. When I came home, I handed the bag to DH and said these would make lovely stocking stuffers...well, my birthday came and went, and Christmas came and went, and I don't remember what was in the bag, but I know I never got it! And DH doesn't remember me handing it to him at all! So if he hid it somewhere to wrap later, it's missing big time! He has searched his closet-from-hell, and I've looked around in various places in case he just dropped it somewhere and then it got put with my mountains of other stuff, but so far, no luck...the only thing I remember was in there was a 12" long roll of copper metal. How can something that big and bulky be missing?
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

It is fun isn't it Pam!
pamcook wrote:I refuse to admit I have this problem. However, I will say that when I do find a bag of stuff that I forgot I bought - it's like Christmas.
But I don't have this problem.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
Jenni Benni

Post by Jenni Benni »

Ink Pattie....your story is cracking me up. I needed that this morning. Thanks.
Jenni Benni
Mom to 3 sweet little boys.
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

I have to be truly careful when I buy little stuff. Too often I don't empty the bag when I get home, or even get it to the basement right away. When that happens, it's often lost forever. If it was something small, it's quite possible the folks who recycle those little plastic bags got a surprise! I've been trying to be better about taking my bags to the craft room right away, and emptying the bags right away.

I-P: I hope you stumble across your bag soon! If there was something big inside, it's got to be easier to find than if there was just small stuff.
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
Monica

Post by Monica »

When I go through a cleaning of my craft room, I usually end up with at least one PB full of stuff to pass along to my nieces. I'd swear that I quit buying some of that stuff at least 2 years ago, but somehow it multiplies when I'm not looking! I have found "new" treasures that I forgot about, and used up shortly thereafter, but most of it simply gets passed on or I use them for card embellishments. I finally designated one of my carts to be a card cart, so everything that would only be used with cards goes there. It's filling up way too fast, but I'm hoping that by having pp and embellies that I know I'd only use for cards in one easy-to-find spot, I'll actually use some stash up next time I go on a card-making frenzy.

I-P, fingers crossed that you find the bag soon!

Monica
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
InkPattie

Post by InkPattie »

no problem, I'll just go shopping for more tomorrow :roll:

heh heh heh; I actually have to go to the LSS on Saturday, as I am FINALLY taking a class on using metal from Ten Second Studios.
InkPattie

Post by InkPattie »

Here is a set of ATCs I made with the theme "metal" for this month's swap at the LSS. I have been wanting to learn how to do this, and slowly buying all the stuff (it's like a whole new hobby!). Even without the missing supplies, I have four colors of metal and an assortment of tools to experiment with. So I cut pieces of metal into 2x3" pieces and painted the edges of recycled cardboard black, and then after working the metal, glued the pieces onto the cardboard. Very easy to do, and lots of fun. There were a few I decided to swipe with black paint to give them that aged look, AFTER I had already mounted them on the cardboard. No problem, since the edges were black! Most are done by rubbing over either one of the Ten Second STudios molds or Cuttlebug embossing folders. I haven't gotten out my CS stencils or any of my brass stencils yet...a few are metal Zentangles, totally made up and doodled.
Attachments
metal_ATCS-1-med.jpg
metal_ATCS-1-med.jpg (223.56 KiB) Viewed 203 times
metal_ATCS-2-med.jpg
metal_ATCS-2-med.jpg (213.68 KiB) Viewed 202 times
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

I-P I love these
I have a bunch of the metal sheets, embossing plates and styluses. I just have yet to have a moment to play with them.
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

I love their videos and projects (ten seconds). I don't need another set of supplies...
Pam Cook #48
jmp1022

Post by jmp1022 »

cool
Jill P
# 42 in order PAO
http://jmp1022.blogspot.com/

Northeast Illinois
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

IP -just looked at your ATC's again. Did I say I don't need another set of suppies? I said that didn't I? Out loud? AAUUUGGGHHH...How much room could a few metal craft supplies take up? STOP IT!! This is torture.
Pam Cook #48