Progress...

jfugina

Progress...

Post by jfugina »

You know how sometimes getting closer to a goal is enough motivation to keep going? That's what I feel like after this weekend. I finally finished putting photos on the ALSB pages I'd pulled, and getting them journaled. No titles, but many of those ALSB layouts don't really allocate a good space for titles.

That wasn't enough to finish out 2009, but all it leaves are ReCreate, Christmas, and a weekend getaway we took in May. I sorted photos and figured that the trip would probably be about 20 pages. ReCreate will be a chunk, but not *that* many pages. And I'm so bored with Christmas I can probably cover than in a mere 3-4 pages, maybe less. LOL.

So I'm getting close. I'm taking the day off on Thursday to stay at home and scrap (my birthday, and I don't feel like working - ha!). It's so exciting to feel this close to being caught up. I do better work when I don't feel behind. My journaling is better, because it's done sooner, and I tend to like my overall finished layout better. I might even start posting photos of paper layouts again, since they won't be the same ol' ALSB that y'all have already seen a gazillion times. Hehe.
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
Holly

Re: Progress...

Post by Holly »

Good for you Julie! I wish I could say the same. :(
julierealtor

Post by julierealtor »

It feeels goood dadadada :cool5: Congrats!...
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

Way to go Julie! I so hope to see you in October for our get together then.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
n8tvtexan

Post by n8tvtexan »

wwoohhooo way to go!!!
Monica

Post by Monica »

*sigh* Color me green with envy..... good job to you though!!

Monica
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
Laurie

Post by Laurie »

Good for you and Happy Birthday!
Laurie Bennett #118 on POA
North Carolina
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

Thanks everybody! Last night I spent some time poring over PageMaps, and figuring out which maps I wanted to use for our Chicago trip. Then I realized that most of the photos couldn't actually be cropped to fit properly, so I went into PSE and did something totally new (to me anyway). I did an 8.5x11 template with clipping masks that were the right sizes for all of the photos on the sketch, and added the photos and clipped and zoomed until I was happy.

Then I re-printed the perfectly sized photos on my photo printer. It took some time, but I think I might be on to something. Granted, I was probably 3/4 of the way to a digi layout by the time I did all of that, but I want to use up some of my massive paper stash, and I want to start cutting titles and embellishments out with my cricut. So I think this approach should serve me well in that regard.

It's exciting to be back to doing layouts like I used to. Where I actually felt like I was creating something. :mrgreen:
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
bethrich

Post by bethrich »

Congratulations on your progress. I also use PSE or MSPUB to mangle photos before printing -- it works!