Masks...

Are you a Tim Holtz fan? We are!
Ruth Ann Landry

Masks...

Post by Ruth Ann Landry »

I just caved in and bought not one, but all of tim's new masks....now to wait the 2 weeks until they get here...must stop spening, must stop spending!!! yeah right!
Luanne

Re: Masks...

Post by Luanne »

You need to get yourself a crucut or wishblade. That way you can make your own masks, and everthing else!
Ruth Ann Landry

oh, I have the cricut and that is on my list of things to do...I'm thinking of trying it on transparency film.....what do you think?
Luanne

Post by Luanne »

Personaly, I don't have either. I wish I had a wishblade, and almost bought one used from somwone at CS board, but it fell through, or I didn't have the $$, I don't remember now. It's one othose "The day I get published, I'll get one"
Ruth Ann Landry

I'll let you know how it works with the transparency film....I have toms of that stuff that I brought home after I retired and cleaned out my desk...school wasn't using that kind anymore...so........
gwendols

Post by gwendols »

I think Yoli made one with the transparency film and it worked pretty well.

(This from the girl (me) that also bought all the Tim Masks. I do think I'll try it with my Cricut though.)
Gwen Godfrey
#6 in the order of PAO
aprilpzzl

Post by aprilpzzl »

I have a Silhouette~same machine as Wishblade, but sold and supported by QK. On our chat line, some gals got one for $149 at overstock.com.
Luanne

Post by Luanne »

aprilpzzl wrote:I have a Silhouette~same machine as Wishblade, but sold and supported by QK. On our chat line, some gals got one for $149 at overstock.com.
There is aloso a $5 off coupon if you google "overstock.com coupon"

April, that is the most unbelieveably tempting enabling I have yet seen! Those machines sell for over $300!
Ruth Ann Landry

ok, I am not really happy with this as I think it is too dark and I did it very quickly, which shows, but had to try the transparency and cricut,,the swirl is from cricut (and now I have a stencil of it too..a bonus!)...lamp post from tim's collection embossed in black and yellow and I'm not happy that the quote doesn't show better, but hey! as I said, I was working fast and this was an experiment for cricut. anyway......
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

It's very nice Ruth Ann!! I am playing with his masks now too.
Hasmom99

Post by Hasmom99 »

Ruth Ann,
I know I will regret asking you this, but from where did you order the masks? :roll:
(This coming from someone who has a cricut). Also, how did you get the transparency to stay on your mat? Did you tape it down?
gwendols

Post by gwendols »

I got my masks from scrapbook.com . (If that helps.)
Gwen Godfrey
#6 in the order of PAO
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

I got mine from Smooze with Suze, she had the Halloween on discount for $2.00.
Ruth Ann Landry

I went to stampers anonymous...2.95 for each mask....
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

OK, so for the first time in over a year.. I finally went and looked at products outside of CS :-o I went to scrapbook.com to see what you ladies were talking about - those masks are gorgeous! I have a question though - the ones I saw looking incredibly delicate. Are they difficult to work with because of the intricate thin detail lines? I'd be afraid that I'd rip or bend or do something tragic to the mask on my very first try. Oh, another question, how many times could you use the mask before the tack wears off (or collects too many paper fibers, or whatever)?

I can see where the concept would work with a die cut machine, but I don't have a single die that is anywhere near as intricate as these masks are. That makes them worth having by that reasoning alone. ;)
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO