Feeling crafty

jfugina

Feeling crafty

Post by jfugina »

I spent a HUGE amount of time this weekend finding my scrap space back in my craft room. It started with the need to find a space for my new Cricut to live. It had taken over the basement bar, and since we need to do some more work on that area, it had to find a home in my craft room. After many many hours, it had a home, and my table and countertop were mostly visible (as visible as possible anyway). All that's left (aside from the supplies that are meant to live there) are the photos and ALSB layouts that need to be put together.

I was feeling very crafty when I got done, which caused me to get two calendars assembled with my BIA (requested reproductions of a Christmas gift), and I got my PAO doll mostly done. Woot. I don't much feel like scrapping tonight, but I feel like doing something crafty with all that space. Maybe I'll try that card box project from the scrap rap. Or make a big ol' batch of cards.... or.....

ah, the possibilities of a clean crafting space. I almost hate to mess it up. ;)
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
julierealtor

Re: Feeling crafty

Post by julierealtor »

You go girl! I did use my cricut and cuttlebug for that last batch of cards. Add a little patterned paper and you're on your way...don't forget to show us your stuff. Know what you mean about messing up a clean craft area though...oh well.
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

WooHoo! Glad that you are feeling crafty and I can't wait to see what you make. I have two ATC's that I'm going to try and finish off tomorrow (past my bedtime now) using the Bernie Berlin (?) that Pam has brought up again. I don't have the book so I'm not really sure what I'm doing, but that isn't unusual. :lol:
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
n8tvtexan

Post by n8tvtexan »

congrats on getting crafty and getting your scrap space back!
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Julie - I hope you get inks flowing through your veins! ;) Doesn't it feel wonderful?

Cheryl - without the book or with it, you'll do amazing work. The whole idea is to get us trying something new!
Pam Cook #48
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

Taking inspiration from Julie S's WW box o' cards, I made a couple of boxes of my own. I didn't finish the cards though - that definitely would have put me outside of the "hour" timeframe they estimated in the scrap rap. But I did make a box and 8 card bases from the Birds of a Feather kit. Later I got out the GTG for that kit, and decided to use the cutaparts for the sentiments, so at some point I'll adhere those with some ribbon or something, and have a complete box of cards.

But the reason I didn't finish off those cards, was because my inner nerd got the best of me, and I decided I needed to try to make a double-sized box. Eventually I succeeded, and with only one failed prototype. That set was made with "To You With Love". Somehow I wound up with a mega-paper kit from that collection - probably from a PSL sale. I cut card bases only, and figured those will probably just be left very generic. It will be easy to add a "Thank you" or a "Thinking of you" sentiment to those when I need one.

It was well after midnight when I decided to be done, so no photos yet. I'll try to do that tonight. Maybe I'll even finish up the cards before I take the photos.
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
julierealtor

Post by julierealtor »

wow Julie...you did get your crafty on...