3rd birthday -- UPDATED to include pg 1 of the LO

Yoli

3rd birthday -- UPDATED to include pg 1 of the LO

Post by Yoli »

I am so delighted to finally use some of the papers in the Matrix kit. The Matrix was my LEAST favorite kit yet it has some of my favorite colors. Go figure!

Lastly, the LO is actually my interpretation of one of the free sketch blogs Christy posted recently. Perfect timing. Thank you Christy. In hopes of 'toning' down the already busy LO however I used a journaling block and printed paper instead another photo.

All paper from the Matrix kit. Embellishments from his birthday cards. :-) TFL!

UPDATED TO INCLUDE PG 1 of the LO
Attachments
celebrando.JPG
celebrando.JPG (45.77 KiB) Viewed 272 times
3rd birthday (1).JPG
3rd birthday (1).JPG (45.69 KiB) Viewed 349 times
julierealtor

Re: 3rd birthday

Post by julierealtor »

Wonderful LO Yoli, I couldn't agree with you more about the Matrix kit..I did order some extra plain red and blue when they were on sale.
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

Beautiful layout Yoli. Those colors are perfect for this.

Are you at a little gym? We love the Little Gym here it's one of Ryleigh's favorite places since she was 4 months old.
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

It's hard to go wrong with that color combination but boy, it's perfect for these photos!
Very nice layout!
Pam Cook #48
Yoli

Post by Yoli »

ChristyB wrote:Beautiful layout Yoli. Those colors are perfect for this.

Are you at a little gym? We love the Little Gym here it's one of Ryleigh's favorite places since she was 4 months old.
We celebrated his 3rd birthday at the Little Gym eventhough we were no longer members. The boy would not listen to the teachers and he did not like the mommy group. I had to find a gym with open play time.

I'm putting the finishing touches on pg 1 using the same papers. I'm really thrilled at how nice the color compliments the pictures . . . especially since I disliked that kit so much. I kept the kit because I knew I could just flip the paper around and use the solid rather than the print. Surprise . . . surprise . . . I actually used the printed side.

Thanks for the kind comments.
n8tvtexan

Post by n8tvtexan »

what a fun layout Yoli! Matrix is one of the kits I didnt receive.
Sharonv

Post by Sharonv »

Great LO Yoli! I agree with everyone about Matrix. I hated it so much I gave the whole kit to my 6 year old to play with.
Yoli

Post by Yoli »

Sharonv wrote:Great LO Yoli! I agree with everyone about Matrix. I hated it so much I gave the whole kit to my 6 year old to play with.
Wow!
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

Wonderful job with the layout Yoli! I guess none of us really cared for that kit but this was a great way to use it.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
Honey

Post by Honey »

Love the layout. The colors work so well for it.
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

Great layout Yoli! I think the kit is a perfect color fit for TLG.

I didn't really hate Matrix that badly. I actually have quite a bit of use for primary colors. But I was doing ALSB at the time, so I have a lot of finished layouts with embellishments that don't make a bit of sense for the photos I paired them with. I think your use of the journaling block and bit of patterned paper made the whole thing work beautifully.
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
n8tvtexan

Re: 3rd birthday -- UPDATED to include pg 1 of the LO

Post by n8tvtexan »

even better with page one!
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

Very, very nice, Yoli
It looks great with your photos. Matrix is a great kit when you want a bit of brown along with your primary colors. And those rounded shapes are very playful for kids layouts.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
bethrich

Post by bethrich »

Yoli, I really like how you used the patterned paper. I agree it works best in small doses. These are great LOs.

I cut some of the patterned paper up for card fronts. When I recently ALSBed the Matrix papers that were left I turned some over and just used it for white mattes. I had GHMed a bunch of Matrix, but then again I AM a computer geek. :D
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

He's 3 already??? Love the paper with the photos.

I actually found a use for the Matrix kit - used it for our Comptroller's retirement book. I was very disappointed with the images and the colors for a techie kit. I think that sleek greys, silvers and black would have been so much better. But during that time frame with CS, I think we were all coming up with better kit ideas than they did.
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com