Snapfish oddity?

jfugina

Snapfish oddity?

Post by jfugina »

I don't usually order prints from snapfish, so I've never noticed if this has ever happened before, but does Snapfish have some kind of auto-red eye detection? I've been trying to scrap Nicole's birthday party, and I have to discard a whole chunk of photos, where there's a black dot in the middle of her lips. It looks like a red-eye fix, but targeted in the middle of her lips. :angry42:

Her birthday party isn't the only instance. I ordered some 4x6 calendar pages, and one month is completely unusable (two copies), because there's a black dot right in the middle of her lips on those too. Grrrrr. I went back and looked at the original, and those black lips weren't there. So Snapfish had to have done it. But WTH??? Anyone else ever had this happen? And it's so odd that it only seemed to effect Nicole. :anyone:
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
LadyJaine

Re: Snapfish oddity?

Post by LadyJaine »

They probably have some automatic 'fixes' that would cause problems. I've learned how to tun most of them off on my own printer, but I'd have to go through the Snapfish help desk or their help files to figure out how to turn it off. And I am not sure if I can even find my account data... I haven't logged on to Snapfish in many, many moons.
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

They can never seem to get my DGD's skin tone right - that throws off the color completely. Email them with the codes on the back of the photos and they'll replace them. I get a lot of photos processed through them and the majority are great prints. I find their uploading & ordering programs to be the easiest to use - that's why I still order from them. Shutterfly is the worst. Even with their system upgrades, it takes forever to place an order.
Pam Cook #48
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

The only reason I did this order though Snapfish was because of their 50c deal a few weeks ago. I ordered a bunch of Re-Create photos through them, but I haven't looked at them too closely to notice if there are any stray black dots. I guess I should.

I have never had an issue with Shutterfly personally, up until that dumb book problem earlier this week. And once I made the non-English speaking woman on the other end understand the problem, I was satisfied with their resolution. The reason I like them for prints (and this only works through mail-order), is that they print the file name on the back of the photo. And when you've got more than a year's worth of photos stacked up, it's nice having the file name (which for our camera is the date and time the photo was taken).

Anyway, I was just curious whether anyone else has ever had that happen to them with Snapfish.
Julie Fugina
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

I only use snapfish and I don't think I have ever had this problem.
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

I also order from them all the time and have never had the problem.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
InkPattie

Post by InkPattie »

jfugina wrote:The reason I like them for prints (and this only works through mail-order), is that they print the file name on the back of the photo. And when you've got more than a year's worth of photos stacked up, it's nice having the file name (which for our camera is the date and time the photo was taken).
When I print out a year's worth of photos for chronological scrapbooking, I make separate directory copies for each month. Then I go through and weed out what photos I don't want, and do any manipulation. These are copies, so I can be brutal. When I upload, I can upload an entire directory, which doesn't take as long as doing the whole year in one online "album", do any further manipulation they require (sometimes I wait to do the aspect-ratio cropping to preserve as much of the detail in the photos as possible), and my last step, while I'm waiting to pick up the photos, is to print (at home) a set of contact sheets for each directory, WITH filenames. So I have a stack of contact sheets, by month and with file names, and I put that with my photos when they come in for scrapping.
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

That's a great idea! Unfortunately, I'm rarely that organized. :lol:
Julie Fugina
jmp1022

Post by jmp1022 »

Boy I'm not that organized either. I'm lucky if I get them on my pc to look at.
Jill P
# 42 in order PAO
http://jmp1022.blogspot.com/

Northeast Illinois