Halloween 2009 - Witches!

pbp908

Halloween 2009 - Witches!

Post by pbp908 »

And what else would the women in my family be???

The beautiful embellishment on the first page is a fat book page created by Holly Moon. I think a lot of the pages from our swap are going to be seen on my pages - they're too good to put away and never see them again!

Hey Julie! Great minds are running in the same track today!
Halloween091sml.jpg
Halloween091sml.jpg (228.4 KiB) Viewed 270 times
Halloween092sml.jpg
Halloween092sml.jpg (227.45 KiB) Viewed 270 times
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
pamcook

Re: Halloween 2009 - Witches!

Post by pamcook »

love it, love it, love it!!!
Pam Cook #48
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

:clap:
Man she is beautiful!
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

It's scary. You look at the close-ups and think Maddie's much older than she is. Then when you see her beside us you realize that she's just a baby. I love her eyes - she has a Sophia Loren look about her. My son asked me to please not put make up on her again. :lol:
Pam P.

jfugina

Post by jfugina »

Pam, these are fantastic! I had to look at it closely to see handwriting - everything is so straight and perfect, I thought it was all digi at first! So, how did you capture such a perfect image of the layout? Is it a scan? If so, I'd love to know what kind of scanner you have. I've never been able to get such a good layout scan, especially when there are chunky elements.

Anyway, it's breathtaking. Very nice work, and a gorgeous set of witches.
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

Our scanner is an Epson Perfection V500 scanner. The way the top is hinged, it rises a little to accommodate some bulk. I chose this one because of the high res on the scans - it's primary function is a photo/slide scanner. Have not had one complaint with it so far. It also does some corrections in the scan process, such as restoration of faded photos. I think if I have one complaint, and it's minor, it's that the slide scan is a little bit slow, but I guess that's really to be expected.

If I put something that's super bulky in, it still scans but it has a tiny amount of light leak on the side. Not enough to make me crazy, because when I'm scanning bulky it's a LO and I can forgive a certain amount of "off" on them. And if it's too bad, I can always take a photo or wait until it's dark in the room and then rescan.
Pam P.

mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

pbp908 wrote:If I put something that's super bulky in, it still scans but it has a tiny amount of light leak on the side. Not enough to make me crazy, because when I'm scanning bulky it's a LO and I can forgive a certain amount of "off" on them. And if it's too bad, I can always take a photo or wait until it's dark in the room and then rescan.
Get a dark towel or big black sweatshirt and throw it over the whole scanner then you won't have the light leaking problem.

Great layout by the way!
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
Paula

Post by Paula »

simply beautiful---and that goes for all the witches in your family too!
jmp1022

Post by jmp1022 »

great layout
Jill P
# 42 in order PAO
http://jmp1022.blogspot.com/

Northeast Illinois
Jenni Benni

Post by Jenni Benni »

Very nice LO's Pam.
Jenni Benni
Mom to 3 sweet little boys.
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

pbp908 wrote:Our scanner is an Epson Perfection V500 scanner.
Nice. It does a great job. I've always had HP scanners, but I think the next time I'm in the market, I may need to look at Epson. I'm assuming those were 12x12 layouts also, and if so, the stitching is very impressive too. I always have trouble photomerging anything with chunky bits on the page.
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
Holly

Post by Holly »

Lovely LO's Pam-- lovely pics too. And I am so glad you found a use for that LFB page. :D
bethrich

Post by bethrich »

Your pages are wonderful, Pam!
n8tvtexan

Post by n8tvtexan »

GORGEOUS page and family. :)
mpizzazz wrote:
pbp908 wrote:If I put something that's super bulky in, it still scans but it has a tiny amount of light leak on the side. Not enough to make me crazy, because when I'm scanning bulky it's a LO and I can forgive a certain amount of "off" on them. And if it's too bad, I can always take a photo or wait until it's dark in the room and then rescan.
Get a dark towel or big black sweatshirt and throw it over the whole scanner then you won't have the light leaking problem.

Great layout by the way!
I used to keep a black sheet with my scanner for just that very purpose. Once the scanner dies, I let ds use the sheet for a curtain. lol Guess I will need to find another one when I finally get another scanner.