Gonna Print

LadyJaine

Gonna Print

Post by LadyJaine »

I was looking through my digital layouts and I realized that they are not getting seen. I rarely post layouts, but I created over 150 digital layouts last year. So, I'm now in the process of converting them to a printable format and I'll get them printed out to put into albums. I'm not going to have a book made, I'd have to work too hard to get the bleed right and I'd have to figure out my page order in advance.

I'm lazy. Yanno?

And I'm in no particular hurry to get these things printed out, too. I'm just going to convert them so they can be printed when we finally are both living in the same house.
ChristyB

Re: Gonna Print

Post by ChristyB »

wow 150!
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Good for you! Great project to tackle this year.
Pam Cook #48
LadyJaine

Post by LadyJaine »

I've already converted about 90 files. It goes pretty fast, but I also decided to convert all of my digital files, instead of just 2009. Since I didn't complete that many layouts in 2008, it wasn't that many more. It's been fun to see how my style has matured, as I learned how to control more variables and I stopped thinking like a converted paper scrapper.
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

I've tried to get in the habit of converting my pages for printing as soon as I've decided I was done with them. I basically have one folder where I save all of my pse files, and then two sub-folders off of that. One for "save for web" images, and one for printing at Costco or uploading to Shutterfly. Sometimes I come back and make an edit to the original and have to re-save all three copies, but it's lots easier (for me) to do it all at once and not have to visit the layout later if I decide I want to print.

Good luck with your printing project!!! If you decide you want them in an album, then using a post-bound album will make it so that you don't have to worry about the bleed. I generally don't worry about it that much - even if I'm printing a whole book at Shutterfly. If I just remember to keep photos and text about 1/2" from the left and right edges, I'm generally pretty happy with the final bound result.
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO