Monica's 2009 Tim Tags

Are you a Tim Holtz fan? We are!
Monica

Monica's 2009 Tim Tags

Post by Monica »

Finally getting the time to do some of these! :)

I don't have the Rock Candy Distress Crackle stuff, so I used Crackle Accents, and then went back over it with a Pearl Dabber to give it a bit of shiny. The snow guy is from an Inkadinkado clear stamp set, the flourishes are grungeboard, and the ribbon was just perfect for a phrase.

I only had the smaller version of the frame stamp, so I cut down the tag a bit to give the proper proportion. The flower was so fun! I need to make more of them.

Pretty much a direct copy of Tim's tag.
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
Monica

Re: Monica's 2009 Tim Tags

Post by Monica »

The hardest part was finding the bells... but not only did I find those at Michael's, I also found those awesome snowflake charms in the beading section. They look very cool when the pin is removed. I plan on making more of the pins to give as gifts... so much fun!

Loved this one..... the little ornaments are so cool! I had a hard time deciding which fragment shapes to use, so I ended up doing 8 of them and picking 4 for this tag, which means I have 4 more to do another tag! Didn't have any German gold thingies to use for trim, so I rifled through my ribbon basket for some fun stuff.

Thanks for looking!
Monica
julierealtor

Post by julierealtor »

Wow Monica...way to catch up...gorgeous tags!
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

Monica they are wonderful! I am thinking a major Tim purchase will be happening soon.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
jdrhope

Post by jdrhope »

great job on these tags! :clap:
gwendols

Post by gwendols »

Very nice!!! :clap: You did an amazing job with the pin!!
Gwen Godfrey
#6 in the order of PAO
rinda

Post by rinda »

Great job! ARen't they fun? I did #7 tonight (waiting for stickles to dry). It was pretty easy.
Rinda
Maree

Post by Maree »

Wow!! Fantastic. Love them all
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

:creating: way to go girl!
these are all awesome
azemigh

Post by azemigh »

Wonderful! Love all your takes on the tags. And I swear I have those little snowflake charms somewhere in my stash!!!! There'll be a hunt on when I get home from work today.
Monica

Post by Monica »

Those little pins are addicting.... I have another one done sitting on my desk, with plans to make several more to give as gifts. I'm thinking they will make great stocking stuffers for my MIL, SIL, and nieces. I used E6000 glue to attach the roof rather than the red line adhesive, though... no offense to Tim, but I think the red line adhesive wouldn't be very sturdy for frequent wear and the E6000 glue is sitting on my desk still from making a piece of jewelry a couple weeks ago. The owner of my LSS is doing a make'n'take today using Tim's pin, so I was able to get the capsules and rock candy distress stickles from her. The memory glass, frames, and bells all came from Michael's. I did finish day 6 and start on day 7, but had to go to bed! I'll try to post day 6 tonight.

Monica
capescrapper

Post by capescrapper »

Great work Monica! The crackle on the snowman tag came out fantastic!
Yoli

Post by Yoli »

You did a great job on these babies. I especially love the 1st tag. Love the blue . . . I can feel the frosty chill!
Holly

Post by Holly »

Great work Monica-- and awesome!
Monica

Post by Monica »

Well, I'm done through tag 9 and working on tag 10! I really want to get them all done and submitted for Tim's drawing. :)
I'll post pictrues after I get the rest done.

Monica