Marianne's Tags 2009 COMPLETED and a few more!

Are you a Tim Holtz fan? We are!
mpizzazz

Re: Marianne's Tags 2009 COMPLETED and a few more!

Post by mpizzazz »

Hi Again, Yoli,
No, you didn't ask me about the background on your comment on the other group.

It's kind of interesting. I wanted black branches against a snowy background. I took a black piece of paper and used Martha Stewart tree stickers as a mask. They were sold in a pack at Michaels with owls and ravens at Halloween. I bought them to use them as masks. I got rid of some of the stickiness by putting them on my clothing. Learned that trick from CS.

Then I sprayed the tag with white Memory Mist and took off the tree masks. That stuff never seems to really dry so it really should be sprayed with a matte fixative. I stamped some snowflakes with white paint and did some outlines on the branches with a black glitter pen just for some more sparkle. I doubt that you can see that in the photo. Also stamped the greeting in silver ink.

Thanks for asking.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
Yoli

Post by Yoli »

[quote="mpizzazz"]That stuff never seems to really dry so it really should be sprayed with a matte fixative. [quote]

thanks Marianne. I haven't had a chance to do any tags this year but when I do finally get a chance to play I want to CASE this tag you made. It's beautiful! One last thing, what is a matte fixative? Thanks for the instructions.
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

Fixative/fixatif is what artists' spray drawings with so charcoal or pastels won't rub off. If you get a matte finish rather than a glossy finish then you can still add other things like ink or paint over it and it will stick. I think the one I got is called Workable Fixative meaning that you can continue to add over it. You can buy it at any art/craft store.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com