Marianne's Tags 2009 COMPLETED and a few more!

Are you a Tim Holtz fan? We are!
mpizzazz

Re: Marianne's Tags 2009 COMPLETED

Post by mpizzazz »

Thank you All! I have really enjoyed seeing what everyone has done and how they put their own imaginations into the tags. I wish we could do something like the tags more often!
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

The roses really stumped me. I only had a few minutes over the weekend to even think about them. I'll have to pull out my Down to Earth scraps to see if I can make it work.
You're roses are stunning!
Pam Cook #48
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

pamcook wrote:The roses really stumped me. I only had a few minutes over the weekend to even think about them. I'll have to pull out my Down to Earth scraps to see if I can make it work.
You're roses are stunning!
Thanks, Pam! I think any thickish but soft paper would do. I will look through my kits and see what else I think might work. Also try 'the cardstock through the crimper' trick and then separate the layers and try those for the flowers like I did for the leaves. It all sounds like a lot but you only need 3 flower shapes to do a rose.

And I just cut mine out by hand using a 2 1/2" base circle since my scraps of paper were 5" long.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
mpizzazz

Re: Marianne's Tags 2009 COMPLETED and a few more

Post by mpizzazz »

I had a few more ideas for tags so I finished these in the last few days.
First I redid the Tag 2 one with the postcard stamp that I didn't like by putting another framed piece over it. I also 'dimensionalized' some flat metal flowers that I had and AI-ed them.
then I did another Tag 4 with an idea that Kathryn gave me-a birdhouse or feeder for the house. I found the cardinal photo online to put in the house made with a square Fragment and Peel Off roof.
Tags 4 and 2 redo.jpg
Tags 4 and 2 redo.jpg (235.9 KiB) Viewed 290 times
I also did another Tag 10 with duct tape to try that. I really don't like working with something sticky as it seems harder to press the tape down and get a crisp edge. Of course, duct tape is sort of springy not like the actual metals.
I cut the pieces the size that the colorblocked areas would be so it would be easier to handle. I also pressed the tape against my clothes to get out some of the stickiness. First I tried some Dee Greunig inks to color them and that never dried so I sprayed it with fixative. It was too dull so then I used acrylic paint and put some stickles on the raised areas. It still looked uninspired so I sprayed it with silver webbing spray and then I liked it.
Tag 10b
Tag 10b
Tag 9b.jpg (121.45 KiB) Viewed 289 times
Here are all of the tags I've done for the 3 years of tags on my Tree Quilt.
Tag Tree
Tag Tree
Tag Tree.jpg (243.69 KiB) Viewed 290 times
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
azemigh

Re: Marianne's Tags 2009 COMPLETED and a few more!

Post by azemigh »

Great display Marianne! And I like your new twists too! I was thinking of arranging my tags in a tree design and I really like yours so I think I'll do something like that.
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

great way to display your tags Marianne.
I like how they are out for all to see.
capescrapper

Post by capescrapper »

Marianne, that is awesome. I absolutely love the cardinal in the house tag and the tree of tags!!! WOW! :happywave:
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

Thanks!!
But if Tim does tags next year, I'm in big trouble! I don't think I can fit anymore on the quilt! I'll have to have them hanging off the bottom.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

Marianne I love the new tags. That spray on there really does set it off. I've about used up most of my big tags so I'll be on the lookout for more during the year. Might just get them at the office store or WalMart. Then again, I might just make some. What a wonderful way to display them.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
Maree

Post by Maree »

Love love love the bird house. Totally gorgeous and love the silvery/white colouring for the tag. Just beautiful. I agree the webbing sets off the tag. interesting with the duct tape.
Your quilted tree is incredible and a fantastic way of displaying your tags.
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

troublesmom wrote:Marianne I love the new tags. That spray on there really does set it off. I've about used up most of my big tags so I'll be on the lookout for more during the year. Might just get them at the office store or WalMart. Then again, I might just make some. What a wonderful way to display them.
Cheryl, I make all my own tags. Tim gave the dimensions in the first Tag post about 3 1/8 x 6 1/4". I've used any smooth paper I can find in my stash. The birdhouse tag is on a black scrap. I just found a few manila folders in a drawer so I'm cutting them up next.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

I think that is my plan from now on. I always have a ton of scrap and that would be a good way to use it up.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
djenns

Post by djenns »

Love all the tags and the quilt........
TFS
Diana
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

Love that tag quilt. And really loved the way you re-worked the ones you weren't satisfied with. Love that cardinal, especially. Why didn't I think of that? Being from Kentucky and all....
Yoli

Post by Yoli »

Hi Marianne,

LUV the tag with the cardinal in its little birdhouse. Absolutely beautiful!! If you haven't done so already, can you tell me the technique used for the background on that tag? Thanks!