Marianne's Tags 2009 COMPLETED and a few more!

Are you a Tim Holtz fan? We are!
ChristyB

Re: Marianne's Tags 2009 Thru Day Ten

Post by ChristyB »

these are phenomenal!

I love the Santa one--those pics are why I don't take my girls to see Santa. Here we spend 364 days telling them to stay away from strangers and in the 365th day we plunk them down on some strangers lap and tell them to smile. Who wouldn't be traumatized from that? (sorry for the hijack)
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

Great job on these Marianne. I really should try and work with photoshop some and figure out how to do what you did with your film strip.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

Thanks!!
Funny about the color scheme for the Santa one. I didn't have a photographers' stamp like Tim used but I have a bag from a shop with cameras and advertising on it that I have saved to cut up for years. I cut a piece out of the bag to use. Since it was brown, I wanted to add more brown somewhere else on the tag. Hence the weird black, white, blue-green and brown scheme.

I agree, Christy, about the Santa thing. We never went for it either. In fact, Robin used to tell me in stores not to talk to people because they were strangers.

Cheryl, if you know how to work with layers in Photoshop, it was easy to do. If not, maybe it is something we can do at
Re(Create).
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
azemigh

Post by azemigh »

Great Tags Marianne! I think I've finally got an idea for my #9. I hope I get some time this week end.
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

Here are my last two days of tags.
Day 11
The first one I did was the one with the red flowers. Picture is from wrapping paper and no covered brads for flower centers.
The birds one (thanks, Nancine!) I did like Tim's reindeer but improvised with cut paper circles, glossy accents and pop dots for the flower centers. Still I like the effect of a picture in the center of the flowers but not the creepy Santa face.
Day 11
Day 11
Day 11.jpg (207.69 KiB) Viewed 304 times
Day 12
I used the handmade splotchy brown paper from the Down to Earth kit as it has a soft but sturdy feel to it. It worked fine for the flowers. For the leaves I wanted to try the trick of putting cardstock through the crimper several times and then peeling it apart to get that soft inner surface. I used a handmade paper and then inked, crumpled, stickled, etc. The quote is one I really like and is from the Retreat 03 CS kit.
Day 12
Day 12
Day 12.jpg (114.39 KiB) Viewed 306 times
And now I want to go back and redo a few of the other days so I will add them in when I do it.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
troublesmom

Re: Marianne's Tags 2009 COMPLETED

Post by troublesmom »

Marianne they are really very nice. I cheated on the rose leaves and actually cut them off fake poinsettias. Love what you did using the crimper.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
rinda

Post by rinda »

Fantastic!!!
Congrats on finishing. Love the rose quote and the red bird tag.
Rinda
azemigh

Post by azemigh »

Congrats to you on completing the tags, Marianne! Your roses turned out GREAT! Good thinking on that substitution. I love the little birds one too. It's been a joy seeing all your tags along with everyone else's too! Looking forward to seeing your new one's as well.
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

these roses are amazing-I love the sparkle you added to them.
pat-czap

Post by pat-czap »

mpizzazz wrote:Day 12
I used the handmade splotchy brown paper from the Down to Earth kit as it has a soft but sturdy feel to it. It worked fine for the flowers.
Thank you for this hint. It's nice to know you do not need to buy everything Tim used. I have been using the motto...use what you have...or at least trying to!

I think these flowers are just lovely, as are all of your tags! Wonderful job.
Pat from NW OHIO
Midwest, USA
Monica

Post by Monica »

Beautiful tags, Marianne! You did a fabulous job.... I love a couple of yours more than Tim's tags.

Monica
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

Wow, that's high praise indeed, Monica!
Thanks!! :happy94:
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
Holly

Post by Holly »

Marianne-- I finally got the time to look thru the tags-- love those special touches you did, as well as some of the incredible substituions! Good work!
Maree

Post by Maree »

Love your tags Marianne. Love the metallic one with the dingle dangles hanging off the bottom.
julierealtor

Post by julierealtor »

Your tags are amazing Marianne...AND you finished them all...congrats and Merry Christmas!