Marianne's Tags 2009 COMPLETED and a few more!

Are you a Tim Holtz fan? We are!
mpizzazz

Re: Marianne's Tags 2009 to Day Five

Post by mpizzazz »

I've finished Tags 6 thru 8.
Tag 6-I cut the car out of Journeys paper. It was already embossed paper but I gave the light areas of the car an inking and chalking. It doesn't have the cute factor of tim's car but I'm fairly happy with it. I love that stamp he holds up in his photo on his blog so I stamped that. For the snow, I used some more of the stuff we made last year for the tags out of UTEE and glossy accents.
Day 6
Day 6
Tag 6.jpg (71.83 KiB) Viewed 448 times
Tag 7
I used my one and only Santa stamp. Greeting from Musical Interlude and stamped 'believe' on a little tag. I also went over my flourishes (from Firecracker Designs by Pamela) with white pen as they were very faint after all the other inking.
Day 7
Day 7
Tag 7 web.jpg (170.78 KiB) Viewed 448 times
Tag 8
Other than the CS Christmas Collage stamp with music on it, the only other thing I have is a rollagraph wheel with music notes on it. I embossed that with black powder on the vellum and inked it. Flourish stamps are a foam set from Making Memories. Quote from Musical Interlude and cello from my dollhouse supplies. I made the holly leaves from crumpled diecut leaves and put reddish stickles on the buttons after alcohol inking them to a darker red.
Day 8
Day 8
Tag 8 web.jpg (182.98 KiB) Viewed 450 times
Thanks for having a look!
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
azemigh

Re: Marianne's Tags 2009 Thru Day Eight

Post by azemigh »

Whoo hoo! Love 'em all! The car works perfectly! Mmmmm.......I wonder if I have any of that paper left?
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

Love them Marianne! That musical one is terrific, and the car!!
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

Thanks, Rachelle!

I don't know why I have 3 or 4 sheets of that paper, I didn't get that kit. I was surprised no one else has used it.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

:clap: absolutely wonderful

The music one is simply fantastic
julierealtor

Post by julierealtor »

great tags all...my fav is the cello....
capescrapper

Post by capescrapper »

WOW!! Marianne the violin is gorgeous! What a wonderful interpretation of that tag! :cool5:
Maree

Post by Maree »

Awesome awesome awesome. Great work.
rinda

Post by rinda »

:cool5: :cool5: :cool5: This is me standing and applauding! Love, love, love the music with the violin! I also really like the journey car, but the violin is just stunning!
Rinda
InkPattie

Post by InkPattie »

Love your tags. The car looks like Tim planned to use it but was out of the paper, so *he* substituted!
Monica

Post by Monica »

Wow! Great tags! I totally love the violin with the sheet music. I think I have a Jolee's violin embellie around here somewhere, and I think I'll have to dig it out for this!

Monica
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

Here are Tags 9 and 10.

Tag 9
I spent ages picking out the photos on a Scared of Santa collection online. What a lot of fun DD and I had looking at the pics! Neither one of us ever liked sitting on Santa's lap so we could relate but we have no evidence to prove it!
I downloaded the film strip from http://flyingsamphoto.com/hires-image-filmstrip.shtml
and the photos were here. I think this is where Tim got his.
http://www.chicagotribune.com/features/ ... otogallery
I put the film strip and photos together in Photoshop and printed it out as one piece on a 4 x 6" piece of photo paper. I also put the focal picture on the same piece of paper.
Day 9
Day 9
Tag 9.jpg (173.36 KiB) Viewed 394 times
Tag 10
I found a piece of fairly stiff but thin metal and used that. After I did the embossing I took it off the foundation tag and put it on another tag. I want to try some other metals and didn't want to waste letters on three tags. I just used alcohol inks and a Q tip, black Stazon and a few embellies. As much as I like dry embossing, I'm not thrilled with it. I think because my letters were too big to fit on more words.
Day 10
Day 10
Tag 10.jpg (214.53 KiB) Viewed 394 times
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
capescrapper

Post by capescrapper »

Oh Marianne, both tags came out super! I love, love, love the little light bulbs dangling off the bottom of the faux glass ornament inspired tag!!
rinda

Post by rinda »

Both are great - my favorite is the Santa tag - great use of pictures, and your color palette turned out perfectly!
Thanks for sharing,
Rinda
ScrappinJen

Re: Marianne's Tags 2009 Thru Day Ten

Post by ScrappinJen »

Beautiful work, Marianne. Love the color palette on your photo tag more than Tim's and think I will CASE it. Thanks.