Marianne's Tags 2009 COMPLETED and a few more!

Are you a Tim Holtz fan? We are!
mpizzazz

Marianne's Tags 2009 COMPLETED and a few more!

Post by mpizzazz »

I'm catching up today and have finished Days 1, 2 and 3. I hope to get Day 4 done tonight. Since I bought foam and not felt last year, I still can't do that stamp pad thing yet unless I find something around the house to use.

Anyway, here is Day 1.
I used a pattern of a dove and cut it out of a cereal box, painted it black, then embossed an overall design in black, then rubbed white paint over it. I wrote Peace on Earth on the ribbon. I couldn't get my crackle medium to work until I painted a light coat of pale blue paint over it. And, let's just say, it's very subtle.
Tag 1
Tag 1
First Day web.jpg (240.58 KiB) Viewed 588 times
Day 2
I didn't like the first one I did with the postcard stamp so I did the second one creating a frame with a set of clear stamps I have had for about 10 years. I forget to use them. I just used gold paint for the splatters. I still don't have a lot of Tim stuff especially all the metal doodads. I do have several colors of distress embossing powder and I really don't like it.
Tags 2
Tags 2
Second Day web.jpg (226.84 KiB) Viewed 581 times
Day 3
I got carried away with doing the plaid backgrounds. I think a lot must depend on your glossy paper. Mine were very vivid at first but dried much softer as my glossy paper is thin Staples printer paper. Better paper probably gives a better and brighter result. I didn't have any black to add to the stripes but once you stamp in black I don't think it matters. I thought bleaching out the spot behind the Santa was one of the coolest things he has done.
Tags 3
Tags 3
Third Day web.jpg (250.66 KiB) Viewed 577 times
That's all for now.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
ChristyB

Re: Marianne's Tags 2009

Post by ChristyB »

those are all absolutely Gorgeous!!!!

thanks for sharing them
jmp1022

Post by jmp1022 »

very pretty
Jill P
# 42 in order PAO
http://jmp1022.blogspot.com/

Northeast Illinois
azemigh

Post by azemigh »

Yep! Absolutely Gorgeous! All of them! And I would say you did a great job improvising with what you have. :cool5:
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

Wonderful, wonderful!!!
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
Maree

Post by Maree »

Incredible work Marianne. Great improvisation.
rinda

Post by rinda »

Fantastic! I actually really like the postcard as frame idea, and I'mjealous of everyone who got the bleach out technique to work.
Thanks for sharing,
Rinda
(whose tag #4 is drying while I'm at work).
gwendols

Post by gwendols »

:shock: Wow!!! Those are all gorgeous Marianne!!! Love them all!!!
Gwen Godfrey
#6 in the order of PAO
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

Very creative, Marianne, with the improv. I never seem to be able to see beyond what Tim tells me to do. I'm getting lots of ideas from all of you though.
capescrapper

Post by capescrapper »

Marianne, these are so beautiful and I can appreciate how much work went into each and every one! Wonderful job! :clap:
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

Wow, thanks for all the comments. It's a fun challenge to do all the improvising but it takes so much time and I pull out EVERYTHING in the search for something to use!

Rinda, I didn't have any problem getting the AI to lighten on the Santa tag. I don't even have the blending solution, I just use alcohol. I put some on a Q tip and rubbed it around and then hit it with the heat gun. Didn't even set my desk on fire :-o
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

Here is Day 4 for today. I'll be caught up for a few hours!
I did a multi-colored collage background but it didn't go with my little house snowman so I did this one with more of a snow theme. I like it a lot better.
The little house is one of the pendant things from Club Scrap. The roof is a corner angle from a metal picture frame, I painted it gold and added the fancy gold Peel Off photo corner on top.
Attachments
Tag 4
Tag 4
IMG_8777.JPG (166.75 KiB) Viewed 527 times
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
azemigh

Re: Marianne's Tags 2009 to Day Four

Post by azemigh »

OHHHHH! I love your little snowman ornament and that you did a blue tag to go with. Turned out great!
julierealtor

Post by julierealtor »

All of your tags are so beautiful Marianne...I thought of using the charm from CS on this and put it back when I saw what I paid for it :lol:
djenns

Post by djenns »

The snowman tag is my fav........but I like all of them. All of you gals are doing great on these tags. I probably won't do them until next year, but may play with the techniques sometime.

Diana