Julie H's Tags Completed!!

Are you a Tim Holtz fan? We are!
capescrapper

Re: Julie H's Tags *Day 8 added

Post by capescrapper »

Thanks! Here is Tag #9. Can you all believe only 3 more tags left. I am always sad when it is over.

I used some clip art of film strip and then made it tiny and strung a few together in my iScrapbook software. Then I made tiny b&w pics of my younger years at Christmas time with my little brother and other family photos. I used my toner printer and printed out the blank filmstrip which I made a packing tape transfer with then stuck the itty bitty photos too and stuck it to the tag. I really loved how the painted elements came out and the stencil type was a neat substitution for the metal numbers. TFL!
Attachments
rsz_img_5690.jpg
rsz_img_5690.jpg (46.58 KiB) Viewed 290 times
rinda

Re: Julie H's Tags *Day 9 added

Post by rinda »

Julie,
That's fantastic! I'm thinking of using a pix of my kids from when they were little. I used the only Santa pix I have of me on last year's tag. Will have to see if I have a Santa pix of DH.
Rinda
Maree

Post by Maree »

Wow Julie. love that you used your own pics. Sadly I can't. Not much in the way of pics from back then.
Great idea to do that to get your film strip
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

I love it. I just ordered some of that film strip ribbon. Can't wait to give it a try. I like your idea of using family photos.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
azemigh

Post by azemigh »

Love your take Julie! And the detailed instructions on how to make your own film strip ribbon. I'm going to check the LSS today, but if they don't have it I may try your way.

Of course, I have that pesky job to go to first! :roll:
capescrapper

Post by capescrapper »

rinda wrote:Julie,
That's fantastic! I'm thinking of using a pix of my kids from when they were little. I used the only Santa pix I have of me on last year's tag. Will have to see if I have a Santa pix of DH.
Rinda

This picture was scanned, and I used it on last years tag too!! I just love this picture. I sent my brother last years tag for Christmas! He and his wife loved it! :angel:
capescrapper

Post by capescrapper »

Thank you all! I just love this tag! I think it is my favorite so far. And one thing I forgot to mention was the KC stickers. They were on the clearance rack and I knew they would come in handy one day. It is a huge sheet of sentiments made to look like the Dymo label maker. Cool!!

I would love to get that filmstrip ribbon too, but I am trying so hard to save up to go to CS retreat next year. Seeing all these products tim uses it sure makes it tough not to want to buy all his stuff! KWIM!! :D
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Great tag Julie!
You rocked that film strip!
Pam Cook #48
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

Thanks so much for the clipart idea! I'll be making my own, too!
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
capescrapper

Post by capescrapper »

Thanks!! :D
Monica

Post by Monica »

Love your tag! I really want to get my hands on some of that filmstrip ribbon, but I may try your approach instead.

Monica
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
capescrapper

Post by capescrapper »

Hey Monica, you should. It is pretty easy and much cheaper! ;)

Here is tag #10. I did end up using 2 layers or foil and my Xyron. In case anyone is interested foil is great in the Xyron. The adhesive sticks perfectly. I actually put the 2 foils together with the Xyron. Anyway the letters are mini grunge board and the 25 is thickers from the Cruisin' CS kit. I didn't have the tiny attacher so I made some sewing holes and stitched using some silver embroidery floss. TFL!

Forgot to mention this, I ended up using a sharpie marker instead of alcohol inks. The dried way to fast with the qtip trick. I liked the sharpie color quality much better. The only down fall in my opinion is the marker lines in the foil. I tried to keep it smooth but it was tough. I used regular sand paper to take off the color on the words and then rubbed over it with Alcohol Blending solution to get it really clean. I skipped the black ink part on the top of the tag.
Attachments
IMG_5695.jpg
IMG_5695.jpg (238.91 KiB) Viewed 243 times
Monica

Re: Julie H's Tags *Day 10 added

Post by Monica »

That tag looks great.... I'm still trying to decide how I want to do day 10's tag.

Monica
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
Maree

Post by Maree »

wow. How vibrant does that look. Great idea to use the sharpies!
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

Julie I love it! Thanks for the sharpie idea. I do have those.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO