Rachelle's 2009 Tim Tags COMPLETED!!! (My Display)

Are you a Tim Holtz fan? We are!
azemigh

Re: Rachelle's 2009 Tim Tags

Post by azemigh »

Had to work yesterday, but did get my tag done last night. Then I was too tired to take pics, edit and post. But I'm bright and breezy this morning. :twisted:

I just loved the little metal rose on this one and I copied that exactly. I used the Gramma's Attic frame with the distress EP technique and that really does have a cool texture. Evergreen Peace on Earth stamp for the greeting. I'm using the Ivory Elegance stamp for my flourish, some gold corners and I used some wired organza ribbon to make a little rose out of my hangar too.

When I was trying this I was waffling between the Gramma's Attic and the Generations frame so I tried them both and made a companion bookmark out of the Generations one. Wanted to keep everything flat on that so you could actually use it as a bookmark so the metal embellie is a foil leaf with 3 leaf brads.

Looks like I might be making 2 for today too. Just can't decide between the green or the red so why not do both. ;)
Attachments
2009TimTagsDay2.jpg
2009TimTagsDay2.jpg (85.06 KiB) Viewed 415 times
TimTagStyleBookmarkDay2.jpg
TimTagStyleBookmarkDay2.jpg (48.03 KiB) Viewed 416 times
capescrapper

Post by capescrapper »

Rachelle, it came out fantastic!! Love your flower. Such a rich tag I think! :D
gwendols

Post by gwendols »

Gorgeous!!! Love both those frames on there. I am loving all the variations of this tag - they are all amazing!!
Gwen Godfrey
#6 in the order of PAO
Kellacious

Post by Kellacious »

gwendols wrote:I'm working on mine right now too. My biggest problem is not having a snowman I like to use on it. I found one, but since it's a normal outline I'm having a hard time getting the white paint to stay on it very well. Oh well - if nothing else I learn what works and what doesn't with some of his stuff. :lol:
Gwen,

If it's an outline, I would ink another stamp and mask the outside so you only stamp inside. If it's a silhouette, then you can use the 'kiss' technique to get the snowman to have some pattern in the inside.

Kelli
Kellacious

Post by Kellacious »

Rachelle,

All 3 are so cool; thanks for sharing and especially for giving insight on your substitutions!

Kelli
julierealtor

Post by julierealtor »

I couldn't choose between these either...both are wonderful. I've been making a couple of tags and book marks each night.
azemigh

Post by azemigh »

Here we are at Day 3. I made several of the plaid backgrounds. Thought they might make cute cards too. I ended up with 3 tags. 2 regular size and 1 shorty.

For the tree one I used the CS Christmas stamp with the music behind it, Ivory Elegance swirl and some rafia for my "jute".

The Santa tag is an Inkadinkado stamp; Ivory Elegance swirl; silver flower brads, a white safety pin, acrylic tag with "wish" embossed in clear, and green paper twist for the "jute".

the shorty tag is the CS Great Outdoors JR stamp, Ivory Elegance swirl and some rafia; no metal doodads, just plain.
Attachments
2009TimTagsDay3Tree.jpg
2009TimTagsDay3Tree.jpg (66.11 KiB) Viewed 377 times
2009TimTagsDay3Santa.jpg
2009TimTagsDay3Santa.jpg (64.64 KiB) Viewed 375 times
SmallTimTagDay3.jpg
SmallTimTagDay3.jpg (42 KiB) Viewed 376 times
julierealtor

Post by julierealtor »

I love these Rachelle...I was thinking of you and that CS tree stamp...I KNEW it would show up!
rinda

Post by rinda »

Nice job Rachelle, and great choice of stamps. The CS outdoors is almost a perfect match for tim's stamp, but I love the the CS collage (music background) best!
Rinda
Monica

Post by Monica »

Beeeee-utiful! :cool5:

Monica
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
gwendols

Post by gwendols »

Love them!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:
Gwen Godfrey
#6 in the order of PAO
Maree

Post by Maree »

Incredible work and great ideas with your substitutions
azemigh

Re: Rachelle's 2009 Tim Tags thru Day 5

Post by azemigh »

Here are my day 4 and day 5 tags.

Day 4: The little house pin really had me stumped. I decided to go with the long rectangle frame and went without the bubble. I had 3 different roofs going and finally settled on this one. I dangled a couple of Christmas lights from the corners. I also didn't have any cut 'n dry felt so I used the CS collage with distress embossing powders. I like the way the final turned out and actually may wear it.

Day 5: I was able to do the little ornaments pretty much as instructed with my own images. I used the Earth and Herbs CS stamp for my script and I think the pine sprig I used is from Evergreen, but I'm not sure.

I'm going to have to brainstorm a little on today's. Don't think I have a jalopy stamp.
Attachments
2009TimTagsDay4.jpg
2009TimTagsDay4.jpg (65.5 KiB) Viewed 329 times
2009TimTagsDay5.jpg
2009TimTagsDay5.jpg (71.4 KiB) Viewed 330 times
djenns

Post by djenns »

All of these tags are awesome. Love the colors, stamps and everything.....I don't think we have to make things exactly as what someone shows us. When we make with what we have and what we like, it's "ours".

Diana
Yoli

Post by Yoli »

I like the rectangular frame . . . it balances the tag. I especially love the little ornaments hanging from the 'roof' of the house. So clever!