Digital Isn't Enough

LadyJaine

Digital Isn't Enough

Post by LadyJaine »

I've realized I can't go completely digital. I need to handle things to be happy. I can't satisfy my need to create things only through moving pixels. My tablet helps a lot, I feel much better about digital art when I can use my tablet. There's something about working with paper that fills a need in me that digital can't touch.

I don't know if I'm going to finish the transition to digital scrapping, or hang on to the paper world. I just don't know. I've got stash to use up in paper and embellies and I've slacked off buying both paper and digital items. I know I need to create, or I become unhappy. Create in paper or create in pixels? That is not at all clear.

Why is this an issue? I'm in transition, both in the real world and the mental one. We are buying a property over 700 miles away from where we live now. We might not move into that house until February, perhaps March. My paper stash got packed up today and it's loaded into my truck so I can drive it South and put it in a storage unit. My laptop will never be put into storage.

FWIW, our offer was accepted. That takes away a lot of stress, but it doesn't make the digital/paper transition any easier.
jam1375

Re: Digital Isn't Enough

Post by jam1375 »

I haven't been able to go completely digital either. However, I'm finding that working in digi for my scrapbook pages and working with paper and touchable stuff for projects and altered arts type stuff is working pretty well for me. I really don't have any desire to sit down and put together paper pages right now. This is bad news for my huge ALSB stash! However, I'm slowly working my way through the boxes of ALSB pages, and taking some to my mom to scrap pictures of her great-nephew.

When I went to the CS retreat this year, I didn't take much $$ because I didn't expect to buy much at the warehouse due to my non-page making mentality. However, I ended up buying tons of projects, both those from retreat and older ones. And I'm actually assembling them and finishing them. I just finished the Apothecary (?) cabinet thingy which will be a Christmas gift for my mom. (It's too dark to take pictures tonight, but I'm hoping to get some to post tomorrow.)
LadyJaine

Post by LadyJaine »

That's what I have found works for me. I do paper projects and digital pages.
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

I am still totally paper. I have not even attempted to go digi and know I won't for quite a while - if I ever do. For me it just does not hold any interest at all. There is plenty for each of us to do as we desire, choice is what it is all about. Good luck with your move.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
bethrich

Post by bethrich »

Jean, I can relate. I had to pack up 4 years of CS kits to move from Phoenix to NC. It was so sad to see all that lovely paper get packed up and stored away while we worked on the new house. I still don't have a craft room, just a craft storage area. I worked in limited space for a couple of years until I decided to venture into digi. The paper comes out mainly for cards now, but I can't see ever giving it up. I know that life circumstances have a way of changing and I love having both choices and intend to keep it that way.
EDelValle

Post by EDelValle »

I love to feel the texture of the paper
and I really love to open a PB and still be able
to smell the printers ink from the patterned
pieces.
I did a book of digital pages for my family
as a special gift last Christmas, about my
DH's mother. It came out wonderfully,
and some of the pages that I included were scans
of paper pages. I'm still thinking of creating some of