Distress inks are my new best friend....

Are you a Tim Holtz fan? We are!
Sharonv

Re: Distress inks are my new best friend....

Post by Sharonv »

scrappin nurse wrote:
ChristyB wrote:
scrappin nurse wrote:Okay so now I am wondering if I'm the only person in the universe who doesn't have any distress inks, alcohol inks, or perfect pearls to make glimmer sprays. I am going to email DH right now and tell him that I need to shop.
LOL Lanita you are sooooo lacking :lol:

I know! what's up with that? I better get on the ball.
Yes you better, even me way down here has distress inks, alc inks and some perfect pearl...Now come on Lanita... catch up.. LOL
Sharonv

Post by Sharonv »

Ruth Ann Landry wrote:Thanks to Sharon V who posted Dan's blog..I now know how to use these inks (and I have 12 currently and will get more)..I also saw somewhere (don't remember where tho) how to "paint" with them, and now have also turned to using them for inking stamps....I'm finding I use the distress inks now way more than any of my other inks. How do you use them?
He does do a good video or whatever you call it. I had my inks for ages and was glad I watched how to use them on the site :)
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

I just went and ordered 5 more colors and a few reinkers! I'll be set to work on my Thrinchies swap really soon!
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
scrappin nurse

Post by scrappin nurse »

I got the OK from DH to shop! Now where to start? Any must have colors?
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

I like the browns & blues the best but that is just my personal prefence.
Ruth Ann Landry

Post by Ruth Ann Landry »

I'd say one or two of the browns...walnut is darkest, then aged photo, then old paper...aged photo if you're going for one..I love old brick red, shabby shutter green (light), peeled paint, and my newest favs are the orange and purple...a yellow is nice for lightening a pallet, though....
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

Of the 6 that I currently have Vintage Photo is by far the tops, I also like Fired Brick, Tea Dye, and Black Soot.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
cnedaria

Post by cnedaria »

I have them all, but the ones I use most are broken china (blue), Faded Jeans (blue), Worn Lipstick (red), Pine Needles (green), Mustard Seed (yellow), Tattered rose (lite red--perfect for skin tones if you're going caucasion). I also use antique linen and tea dye a fair amount.

They're awfully fun to play with. I actually got the whole color range off ebay for pretty cheap. But you have to trust the seller...
Monica

Post by Monica »

The Distress inks rock! My favorite one to use on anything is frayed burlap, although I do love shabby shutters, fired brick and dusty concord as well. I'm hoping to get a spinner to store my applicators on someday.... meanwhile, they sit in my travel-size tool tote... always handy at a moment's notice.

A fun thing to do with the Distress inks is find a shabby wooden box and make it look fabulous. I have a wooden X-acto knife box that DH gave me that I altered with Distress inks. It sits on my desk at work and you'd never know that it's just a humble pine box. I rubbed the frayed burlap all over it until I liked the tone, then I dug through my rub-ons, applied a few, and finished it off with a couple coats of sealer. It looks very vintage now. I'll have to take the camera to work and get a picture of it to share.

Monica
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin