Waxed Frames instructions (in two posts)

New tricks to amaze your friends
Ruth Ann Landry

Waxed Frames instructions (in two posts)

Post by Ruth Ann Landry »

1. Use unfinished wood (preferably flat) frame.
2. Melt beeswax in melting pot pan at highest heat setting.
3. Use heatgun to warm the wood of the frame just before adding the first layer of wax.
4. Brush on a layer of melted wax on front, all side edges (including the inside of the frame) and the back...in other words, it is best to cover the entire frame in wax! I do this in different steps so I can handle the frame without getting too much melted wax on my hands...beeswax is sticky!!!!!
5. Use heatgun to melt the set wax just until it becomes shiny.
6.Repeat steps 4 and 5 two to three more times...remember to set each layer of wax by using the heatgun!
7. Separate the layers of the paper napkin...you only want to use the topmost decorated layer.
8. When final layer of wax is warm, but set, lay the paper napkin on the frame front centering the design as you wish it to appear....make sure there is enough napkin to wrap around side edges of the frame. Smooth over the napkin with your fingers and the stickiness of the wax should hold it in place.
9. Using the wax stylus tool, slowly go over the front facing of the frame remelting the wax and bringing it up through the paper napkin. When the front is entirely waxed, cut an x in the center cutout part of the frame.
Ruth Ann Landry

Re: Waxed Frames instructions PT 1

Post by Ruth Ann Landry »

10..Wrap the four cutout triangle shaped pieces through the frame and continue to use the stylus tool to adhere with wax. I usually cut the tips off and adhere to the back of the frame.
11. Wrap and wax all outside edges of the frame and adhere edges of the napkin to the back of the frame.
12. When done and cool, you can buff the wax to make it shiny. You can also add beads, glitter etc when the wax is still warm as you're doing the process...

Clear? or Not? I could take some photos of the process if you need them.
Paula

Re: Waxed Frames instructions (in two posts)

Post by Paula »

thank you soo much!