Best glue for adhering glitter

Yoli

Best glue for adhering glitter

Post by Yoli »

I just bought a whole box of these beautiful glitter bottles from Martha Stewart. She also sells a glitter glue but I was wondering if there is an all purpose glue that works just as well. Crystal Effects, for example. Would it work just as well as the glitter glue or will the glitter rub off?

I read several suggestions for glitter glue but the glue recommended depended on the kind of material used. I was hoping to buy just one glue . . . better yet I was hoping to use what I already have.

Any suggestions?
Ruth Ann Landry

Re: Best glue for adhering glitter

Post by Ruth Ann Landry »

would the double sided red tape work? It comes in several widths....
Yoli

Post by Yoli »

Ruth Ann Landry wrote:would the double sided red tape work? It comes in several widths....
I have some red double sided tape but I think it would be a little hard to work with on larger chipboard pieces, for example.

I've used the red tape on microbeads before but not glitter. Do you know if the glitter falls off after a while?
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

i usually use gel medium
Ruth Ann Landry

Post by Ruth Ann Landry »

don't know about the tape, yoli...i have it but haven't used it yet...just a thought...like christy, i slather gel medium on a lot of things...i've fallen in love with Claudine's matte medium too as it adheres in about 15 secs ....used it for a Tim class and have used it a lot since. I haven't used much glitter in my work..just got some of Martha's from a lot sale from Teresa Lee, so maybe I'll give it a try.
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

I use the 2 way glue pen - many places sell it but I know Stampin' Up! has had it for years. Perfect and easy for glitter.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
bethrich

Post by bethrich »

It sticks very nicely on the red line tape. I don't know if it comes off because I covered mine with glossy accents.
Yoli

Post by Yoli »

Thank you ladies. I do have some gel medium I can experiment with. If that doesn't work then I will also ask my SU rep about the two way glue.
Monica

Post by Monica »

Yoli,

I also recommend the Quickie Glue pen from Sakura... it's the same one that Nami of DeNami Designs uses and sells. There's a roller ball to insure smooth and accurate application, and I've never had the sudden glue surge issues with it that I've had with the 2 way glue.

Monica
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
nancine

Post by nancine »

I agree with Monica, we got the Quickie Glue pen in our pack to make the glitter on acetate cards and it worked fantastic!