Re(create) 3/2010

For those gathering for the scrapping weekend in North Carolina.
Holly

Re: Re(create) 3/2010

Post by Holly »

Well finally-- I am sure I'm probably the last to check in, but Connie and I are home safe and sound, with a few side stops. Monday at Archivers, Hobby Lobby, and another Scrap store, finishing off with a trip to Ikea in Atlanta. Today, home, where we ended with a quick trip to one of our LSSs, because they called me on the phone and let me know the sweet little distressing machine was in and waiting for me. So of course, we had to go before heading home. :lol: Also picked up more Prima flowers, and Prima paper.

What a great weekend, yes the motel sort of sucked, but it is so nice to be there with you all, and we had such a fun time. Connie felt very welcome, and is seriously thinking of joining us in the forum. I do hope the next time, the location has more room, and a cleaner look to it all, and hot water in the shower would be nice, but I truly did not expect Pam to try out every room for us. Pam, I know you tried here, so I just hope the next location is bigger and better.

October is always nice, and with enough notice, I hope to come again.
NannieKK

Post by NannieKK »

Pam, I know what a great job you do in organizing this event. It was so much fun last October. May I sign up for the upcoming October date????? If you are taking names and if you will have room???? I know repeat offenders (ha ha) get first pick. :-) Kaye
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

:lol:
You all are so funny. I'm still unpacking my car and you're asking me to hold spaces.
Yes, of course, Kaye - there's a space for you!
Pam Cook #48
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

My car is unpacked but my stuff is not put away. There was a woman who stopped in to ask about clay and I don't think any of us had any. I do have some at home but didn't bring any along guess I could have stuffed it down the side of one of my containers
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

Bonnie's car is unpacked - my things came in the house Sunday night, but they're still sitting where I left them. Really need to unpack just in case a lid came off of something.
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
wannabescrappin

Post by wannabescrappin »

car's unpacked - all still in the foyer waiting to be levitated upstairs to my "playroom" :lol:
don't think I can stand it there until October, hummmmmmmmmmm.........
Find time each day to rejoice in the journey...

Cheryl H (aka wannabescrappin)
#61 in the order of PAO
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

We got home this afternoon. I've unpacked my 3 shopping bags I took for ReCreate. Traveling light has some advantages. I've looked at the pages and atcs we made each other. Now I am ready to dive into some new projects inspired by the trip and the weekend. But first, I can't wait to look at all the photos.
Thanks to Pam C. for all her efforts in organizing the weekend.
Thanks also to Beth and Debi for organizing the photos so quickly so that we could come home with photos from several people.
Thanks to Cheryl Miller for her COOKIES!!!!!! I love cookies! and Christy for her melting pot demo, thanks a lot, now I NEED one of those!
Thanks to everyone for being so generous and for making the weekend so friendly and inspiring!!
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

Very glad that you were able to come Marianne! So nice to meet in person.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

OMG - those beads! And those CD chips! I seriously need to stop shopping. No melting pot for me until I reduce my stash. Maybe a melting pot will be on my list for Santa.
Pam Cook #48
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

Well maybe when you come over here you can play with my melting pot. I might need some of those CD chips by then. Maybe I can remember exactly how I did them before also.
pamcook wrote:OMG - those beads! And those CD chips! I seriously need to stop shopping. No melting pot for me until I reduce my stash. Maybe a melting pot will be on my list for Santa.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
Laurie

Post by Laurie »

jdrhope wrote:Pam Cook has done an amazing job organizing each of these events! There are always a few quirks with this kind of event but Pam always handles everything wonderfully. I count it as a privilege to be a charter member of the Pam Cook NC (ReCreate) weekends. SHE IS AWESOME :clap: :clap: :clap:
Me too Hope.....I count it a honor! :happywave:
Laurie Bennett #118 on POA
North Carolina
Laurie

Post by Laurie »

pamcook wrote::lol:
You all are so funny. I'm still unpacking my car and you're asking me to hold spaces.
Yes, of course, Kaye - there's a space for you!
My vehicle is not unpacked yet either. Steve just asked me tonight when I planned to unpack. I think he wants to use the Tahoe. Oh well.....
North Carolina
Laurie

Post by Laurie »

Have we posted pictures yet and I missed them?
North Carolina
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

No one has posted any yet. Cheryl H has my copy to make copies for her and LucyG. Beth - bless her heart, was doing her best to get copies to everyone.
I hope to get a few posted tonight - if I can remember which bag the cord is packed in.
Pam Cook #48
bethrich

Post by bethrich »

Awww, thanks. :oops:

I was thinking just this morning that I could put up the group photos tonight, now that I finished Marianne's challenge.