Re(create) 3/2010

For those gathering for the scrapping weekend in North Carolina.
Monica

Re: Re(create) 3/2010

Post by Monica »

Come to Yakima.... we have lots of big hotels to choose from! ;)

Monica
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Oh - trust me - we have plenty of big hotels. Those big hotels make big bucks on their conference rooms. Finding an available affordable place with a large conference room is the difficult part.
Pam Cook #48
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

I think you do an amazing job just by taking all of this on! I'm planning on coming in October no matter what. But I'll be flying again, so if it helps, I won't be taking up that much space, because I won't be bringing an entire carload. ;-) ... only what I can stuff in a single suitcase.....
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
jdrhope

Post by jdrhope »

Pam Cook has done an amazing job organizing each of these events! There are always a few quirks with this kind of event but Pam always handles everything wonderfully. I count it as a privilege to be a charter member of the Pam Cook NC (ReCreate) weekends. SHE IS AWESOME :clap: :clap: :clap:
clamscrapper

Post by clamscrapper »

I fully agree with Hope. I had a wonderful time. Pam you are awesome and work very hard to provide this retreat weekend. Thank you so much for all you have done to make these very special.
Carol M (NC)

Check me out.
http://clamscrapperstudio.blogspot.com/

ImageImage
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

You guys are the best. It's great how everyone recognizes that it's "our" event. The combination of so many talented, sharing women is what makes it so wonderful. We had several folks attend this month who have no connection to PAO (or even CS for that matter) and all of them have told me how welcome they felt. You can't say that about a lot of events out there. Just think how many of us would have never met face-to-face otherwise!
Pam Cook #48
bethrich

Post by bethrich »

Pam C, let me add my thanks! You've done such a great job organizing this event!
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

AMEN!!!
jdrhope wrote:Pam Cook has done an amazing job organizing each of these events! There are always a few quirks with this kind of event but Pam always handles everything wonderfully. I count it as a privilege to be a charter member of the Pam Cook NC (ReCreate) weekends. SHE IS AWESOME :clap: :clap: :clap:
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
arbywytz

Post by arbywytz »

Was a date decided on for the next one? The way you ladies talk about it, well, I'm trying to convince dh that I NEED to go!!!
Jenni Benni

Post by Jenni Benni »

Pam C....Thanks for all you do. I truly had a blast and love my "scrap weekends." They are much needed in my life and your hard work made it possible. Words don't seem to be enough but they are truly heartfelt and sent from a grateful lady. Love ya, meant it.

PS...thanks for my pages and my house too.
Jenni Benni
Mom to 3 sweet little boys.
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

I'm shooting for the second weekend in October. Everything falls into place once I find an affordable, available space.
At this point, we're trying to get feedback to know how others feel about having it the first weekend in October in Laurinburg (to coincide with the Highland Games).
Pam Cook #48
arbywytz

Post by arbywytz »

pamcook wrote:I'm shooting for the second weekend in October. Everything falls into place once I find an affordable, available space.
At this point, we're trying to get feedback to know how others feel about having it the first weekend in October in Laurinburg (to coincide with the Highland Games).
Highland Games? Oooooh, so, do you welcome out-of-staters to your group?????
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Yes - absolutely!
We accept anyone who is friendly and willing to share ideas (and maybe supplies - LOL!).

Hey - did we stump anyone this time? A man stopped in the room and asked if anyone had a laminator. He stumped us. Other than that, I think we've always had every supply anyone needed (and then some).
Pam Cook #48
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

pamcook wrote:I'm shooting for the second weekend in October. Everything falls into place once I find an affordable, available space.
nonono! I want to come so badly in October! But that first weekend we'll be traveling back from our fall Disney trip, so that weekend isn't a possibility for me. :cry:

Pam - I really would like to come, but if that's the weekend that winds up working, I'll just keep ALL of next March open. :-)
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

The motion to combine the Highland Games and Re(create) is now dead.
Shooting for the second weekend in October.
Pam Cook #48