What Is It With Wrinkled Paper?

pbp908

What Is It With Wrinkled Paper?

Post by pbp908 »

Maybe it's just me, but what's up with all of the wrinkled paper? If a piece of my "real" paper gets wrinkled or a crunched corner, I cry and pull out the iron. Why in the world do digi designers think I'd ever want to use it that way on my digi pages? A little crease maybe, but the trend seems to be to see exactly how crumbled up they can make it - just because they can. Jeesh.
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
LadyJaine

Re: What Is It With Wrinkled Paper?

Post by LadyJaine »

I think it's a way to add texture and interest and make something look 'real' instead of looking like a bland fill of color. I don't mind the wrinkled paper for digital, but I don't care for it in my paper. Partly because I can't get paper to wrinkle smoothly without it tearing. If I could get wrinkles and no tears, I'd probably use it more often.
jfugina

Re: What Is It With Wrinkled Paper?

Post by jfugina »

I had to laugh at your post Pam. :P I too have noticed that it seems to be very trendy for digi papers to be mangled beyond recognition in many cases. But I've been using it a lot - largely because it's what's there, but also because I am far far too lazy to distress my papers in real life, and this is an easy way to get that look. I do actually like the look, but would never bother taking the time to do the work, nor would I tolerate the 1/2" thick page that would happen as a result with real paper.

So I guess my answer to "why" is because it's a good way for us lazy people to get to feel like we're being trendy. :lol:
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO