CT Layouts and Scraplifting

LadyJaine

CT Layouts and Scraplifting

Post by LadyJaine »

The object of a CT (Creative Team) layout is to showcase the kit- the embellishments and the papers. A successful CT layout makes you look at everything BUT the photo.

Since I don't want folks to look at my layouts and think, "I love that ribbon!" I don't want to scraplift the CT layouts just as they are. Since the folks on the CTs are usually very good designers, I'll nab ideas from them, but not entire layouts.

Has anyone else noticed that the layouts they lift from a CT have this problem? They are beautiful, but you keep looking at them and trying to decide if they call attention to the photo as much as you'd like. A cue for me is when I glance at a layout thumbnail and the only way I know what photo is used is that I can remember it. Or, when I show a layout to a friend who does not scrap, and the first thing they comment on is the embellishments!
jfugina

Re: CT Layouts and Scraplifting

Post by jfugina »

I am 100% with you on this. I know that scrapbooking is an art form - it truly is. But my primary purpose in my own scrapping is to tell a story. I mentioned this in Beth's post about quick pages - I will still download stuff that that have a tiny little photo in the corner, but will use it in a different way. I see a lot of pages in galleries all over the place that have a single picture of a beautiful girl, and the layout itself is stunning, but the only word on the layout is "beautiful". No indication of who the photo is of, or when or where it was taken.

I agree that if the photo isn't the first thing I see on a page, then I need to re-do it so that it stands out more.
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
Holly

Post by Holly »

I agree-- the scrapbook LO should showcase the photos, 'cause that is what we are doing this for.
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

But I'm having so much fun playing with glitter and ribbons and effects and sparklies and grungy layers and ....

I agree - the photo has to be the prime focus. But those other things can be sooooo much fun.
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
bethrich

Post by bethrich »

pbp908 wrote:But I'm having so much fun playing with glitter and ribbons and effects and sparklies and grungy layers and ....

I agree - the photo has to be the prime focus. But those other things can be sooooo much fun.
So where's a new banner? :tomato: