Happy Anniversary PAOists!

Notes to and from the paowers that be
InkPattie

Re: Happy Anniversary PAOists!

Post by InkPattie »

I tried the chat room, which was very slow. I didn't get the Extra Extra kit, but I had finished two ALSB sets earlier that day. I watched a TV show from 9-10, and afterward thought I might watch one of Tricia's videos. Then I read my email from Luanne, and the rest was history!
Judi in IL

Post by Judi in IL »

A week ago I had been online off and on much of the day. I was feeling irritated and depressed because I couldn't get the new CS site to work in anything close to a reasonable amount of time and it was obvious that there was nothing I could do about it. that meant I was losing touch with a very valuable group of friends. Yes, I was very depressed. Mid-afternoon my SIL came to visit for 2 days with my mom, so I had to play hostess. When they decided to go to bed early (SIL is from a different time zone) I came down to see if anybody was on the old chatgroup. I found 2 very intriguing pms. I sent both people my email and as has been said the rest is history. :greenbounce: :clap: :clap: :greenbounce:
Ginny was SO relieved. She was so tired of me grumping at the computer :)
Thanks Luanne and :admin:
:happybounce:
Cyndy

Post by Cyndy »

Tuesday.....focused on the Extra Extra event. I didn't get here until Thursday.

Kinda cool, though -- Simultaneous "births": this PAOer Play and a new way to ALSB online. A day for the chronicles of history! It'll be like remembering where you were when Kennedy was shot. Way cool! :happy114:
Malleybean

Post by Malleybean »

A week ago I was mindlessly reading e-mails and got a SHHHHHHH one from Gwen G, and joined up. I wasn't real active on the old CS forum but I was thrilled to find so many friends in this new spot! And I haven't been going to bed early ever since lol!

Thanks Admin & Luanne!! :clap:
bethrich

Post by bethrich »

One week ago I was focused on the online event and in the chat room. I had given up on the videos (and still haven't watched them). I was in pain from my mouse wrist from all the scrolling on the new site.

I was absolutely thrilled to get emails from Luanne and Holly and join PAO the next day.

Thanks Luanne and Admin! :clap: :clap: :clap:
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

I was at the Coffee House fumbling my way around trying to figure it out!
carriemck

Post by carriemck »

LOL, I was posting to a certain website about what I didn't like about a new certain website and lo and behold I got some messages saying to check out this secret site :-) And then I found y'all! :greenbounce:

But then I had to leave for San Diego so I did not get a chance to play much until today :happy13:
dehlers43

Post by dehlers43 »

Holly pm'd me Wed. AM with a very cryptic message.
I had just returned from a trip to So Cal where I had been off-line for 4 whole days so I had about a jillion emails to plow through. As soon as I heard back from her, I registered!
The trip to So Cal was not a good one - my almost 89 year old dad had passed out or somehow lost consciousness, hit his head on the concrete and was found by the paper delivery guy on the front porch, bleeding like crazy. All this befere 5:30 AM.....sigh
This group has been a wonderful diversion for me - my thanks to Mystery Woman and Luanne!

BTW - I think our mystery admin should have some sort of honorary title......like Mistress of PAO, PAO Princess or other such fun but worthy title....Hmmm???? :anyone:
Luanne

Post by Luanne »

I want to be "Mistress PAO"!!!!! :angry7:
dehlers43

Post by dehlers43 »

Well of course - why didn't I think of that? :roll: :lol:
Now, what about our illustrious Admin?
carriemck

Post by carriemck »

Her Majesty the Queen of PAO? Or Her Royal PAO Highness?
luv2scrapbook

Post by luv2scrapbook »

a week ago i was confused and ready to give up, but thanx to luanne and the administrators i am loving this. thank you :angry48:
Monica

Post by Monica »

Hmmm... well, I'd popped over to chekc out the EE event and the live chat, had a problem with the live chat and decided to read the zillions of e-mails in my in box instead. Lo and Behold, there was a cryptic message from the stillfirendshere Yahoo group suggesting we check this out.... so I clicked onthe link, found myself home again, and the rest is history!!

*side note: DH had to bring his work laptop home so he could be online tonight... I'm busy with you all!!

Moncia
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
n8tvtexan

Post by n8tvtexan »

Lets see, I was bummed. Feeling like I had lost touch with my friends. Then a mysterious pm came through and TTAAADDDDAAAA All was right in the world!Image lol I too thought NFW! :lol: Luanne and Her Majesty, Royal Highness, Princess PAO, y'all ROCK!!! ImageHappy Anniversary gals! Image
Holly

Post by Holly »

Love the graphics Michelle.