4nancie

Re: PAO Banner--Please look at Version 2

Post by 4nancie »

I like this one too!!!
Sharonv

Post by Sharonv »

Lovely banner!!

I have been toying with an idea but not much time at the moment. When do we have to have them done by??
Yes, me being me and over the other side of the world and the internet worldwide, I was thinking something more international. We are in Spring now!! YAY... My most favourite season...
Something along the lines... Autumn one side worldmap centre spring the other side. I dunno, just rambling... LOL
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

Good point, Sharon. I tend to forget that we're international. Maybe if we do a "four seasons" banner?
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
InkPattie

Post by InkPattie »

azemigh wrote:I've been working on a banner idea for us with the Birds of a Feather kit. I would appreciate any feedback (positive or negative).
Love the design, but it looks like spring to me, even with the changes. It's the pink, I think. If we can get past the authorization issues, I would prefer to use this one just as it is, with the pink beads and lighter ribbons, but save it for spring.

Also, shrinking it down until it's the right height makes it too narrow--if you do it in Photoshop and set your page size to something like a 12" wide page that is 1" tall, the proportions would work better. Or just hold a ruler up to the current banner to get the proportions right. If I could FIND a ruler right now...

Where does CS have this information in their digi kits? I have mostly got their digi freebies, but I have bought a few kits, too. I don't remember any text files coming with the kits, but maybe I was so focused on trying to follow the danged tutorials that I missed disclaimer/usage info.
jmp1022

Post by jmp1022 »

They are both pretty but I like the ribbon in version 1 and the bird in version 2.
Jill P
# 42 in order PAO
http://jmp1022.blogspot.com/

Northeast Illinois
azemigh

Post by azemigh »

InkPattie wrote:
azemigh wrote: Where does CS have this information in their digi kits? I have mostly got their digi freebies, but I have bought a few kits, too. I don't remember any text files coming with the kits, but maybe I was so focused on trying to follow the danged tutorials that I missed disclaimer/usage info.

The TOU document is the last thing in every digi file you download and it specifically says that you can't use their graphics for web design. I just didn't read it before I started playing. It's ok if we can't use it. I enjoyed playing anyway and I may go through some of my other files and make something else up.

Thank you to everyone who gave me feedback on the design. It really helps to have different eyes on things.
azemigh

Post by azemigh »

I contacted CS to see if I could use their kit to make a banner on a forum and the answer was no. We can only use them for personal use. So, we have our answer on that one.

I found a kit in my stash that I think I can use and if we use it for the forum we should acknowledge the designer. Here is the TOU for this particular kit from ScrapArtist.com Nancie Rowe Janitz. All the elements used were from the Fall Splendor collection.

You may not alter these graphics and claim them as your own. You may not redistribute these graphics in any form. Graphics are intended for your use only, please do not share them. The ONLY approved commercial use of these graphics is using them in layouts or cards when scrapping for others.
You are free to submit and profit off layouts and cards published in magazines.
You are free to use, modify and publish these images subject to these restrictions as listed above. Credit should always be given to Nancie Rowe Janitz of ScrapArtist.com for all elements and papers provided and a link to ScrapArtist.com wherever appropriate.
If you are wishing to use these graphics for a commercial use other than Scrapbooking for others, you will need to obtain permission. In some cases a licensing fee will be charged.

I am not sure this is considered commercial use or not. So anyone familiar with copyright law, please help us out here.
Attachments
Banner4Low.jpg
Banner4Low.jpg (24 KiB) Viewed 293 times
Paula

Post by Paula »

[quote="azemigh"]I contacted CS to see if I could use their kit to make a banner on a forum and the answer was no. We can only use them for personal use. So, we have our answer on that one.

Poop heads :(
pbp908

Re: PAO Banner--Another Version page 2

Post by pbp908 »

Love the stamp on this one.
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
azemigh

Post by azemigh »

Paula wrote:
azemigh wrote:I contacted CS to see if I could use their kit to make a banner on a forum and the answer was no. We can only use them for personal use. So, we have our answer on that one.

Poop heads :(
Geez, it's a good thing I wasn't taking a sip of coffee, Paula! :coffee3:
Paula

Post by Paula »

I must learn to control myself, I must learn to control myself, I must learn to control myself, I must learn to control myself, I must learn to control myself, I must learn to control myself, Oh shucks, that might be too much work :angel: :angel:
Sharonv

Post by Sharonv »

LOL Paula!!!
Holly

Post by Holly »

Paula wrote:I must learn to control myself, I must learn to control myself, I must learn to control myself, I must learn to control myself, I must learn to control myself, I must learn to control myself, Oh shucks, that might be too much work :angel: :angel:
Please don't learn Paula, I so enjoy your take on things. :happy94:
gwendols

Post by gwendols »

azemigh wrote: I found a kit in my stash that I think I can use and if we use it for the forum we should acknowledge the designer. Here is the TOU for this particular kit from ScrapArtist.com Nancie Rowe Janitz. All the elements used were from the Fall Splendor collection.
:hijack: Totally off subject here for a second - but my DH actually introduced Nancie to her husband. They all used to work together and he and her hubby-to-be were good friends. We were at their wedding and vice versa. We haven't seen or talked to them in years though.

OK - back to the topic at hand. I love the banner and I agree that Paula should keep sharing her opinions. :giggle:
Gwen Godfrey
#6 in the order of PAO
Paula

Post by Paula »

It's nice to be loved :P :oops: :oops: :happy94: