Distress Stickles

Are you a Tim Holtz fan? We are!
neith

Re: Distress Stickles

Post by neith »

http://rangerink.com/products/prod_deco ... ickles.htm

Antique Linen, Broken China, Faded Jeans, Fired Brick, Frayed Burlap, Milled Lavender, Peeled Paint, Scattered Straw, Spiced Marmalade. Vintage Photo, Walnut Stain, Worn Lipstick

I have an innate fear of glitter... too many years volunteering and working with kids preschool through middle school and I had very long curly hair... they could use glitter at the far end of a HUGE classroom (like triple the size of my kids' classrooms now) and I'd still have glitter washing out of my hair over a week later, creeping down my face, etc. It's bad enough that when I use a marker, on my own, in a silent and empty house, just for a second, I somehow have it on my shoulder, elbow, chin, forehead, you name it!
Luanne

Post by Luanne »

InkPattie wrote:They don't look like normal stickles, which sort of look to me like diarrhea bird droppings from a bird eating glitter. Instead, they have more color because the flakes of mica or whatever are colored, and they have some dimension, instead of laying down flat.
I'm not quite understanding, could you please be more descriptive.
neith

Post by neith »

and... ummm do you have antique linen? i didn't quite see that in my pink and orange hehee
InkPattie

Post by InkPattie »

It was a tossup between Antique Linen and Scattered Straw for me. Fired brick and Peeled Paint are the red and green I got. I have trouble remembering the names, so I ahve a little notebook I carry around to stores with all the colors. Well, I haven't added a page for Distress Stickles yet, so I'll probably end up with duplicates like I do with other stuff when I don't have my notebook in my purse. When I'm traveling, I foolishly leave it at home, and that's when I go to cool stamping stores with my DS in MD and other places where they have stuff I can't find at home (like Dimensional Pearls). Love those things!

Hey, I can show you a cool stamp now that I got...I'll have to go dig that sample up and scan it...
InkPattie

Post by InkPattie »

When I was in MD, I went to Queen's Ink stamp store, and they were using these Outlines stamps that have all the circles on them. They were gluing flat-back swarovski crystals in each circle, and they were awesome! They were making them into pins, kind of like the ornament tops you see in the picture. Three-dimensional, but made with just two or three layers of cardstock.

I bought the round stamp you see on the yellow cardstock, and was too cheap to buy the pricey swarovski crystals in three different sizes, so I used one cheap rhinestone in the center, and dimensional pearls all around for the others. I embossed the stamp with detail black EP first, and the DPs are raised up and pearly, so it's a nice effect. Might look good with some Distress Stickles, too, now that I think about it...I feel a set of Twinchies emerging from my lost-in-space mojo...
Attachments
OutlinesStamp-sm.jpg
OutlinesStamp-sm.jpg (37.14 KiB) Viewed 291 times
Luanne

Post by Luanne »

wow! that is awesome!
n8tvtexan

Post by n8tvtexan »

Wow, Patti, thats cool. Wonder if I cna find those ornaments here. Man I miss having Walmart, Target & Dollar stores to run out to. lol
Monica

Post by Monica »

I got my Distress Stickles online from Nona Designs and they are wonderful! Very vintage and distress-looking. I only played around with them for a few minutes the night they came in, but the little paper ornament and the chipboard butterfly are so cool! Yeah, I know.... y'all want to see pictures!! It's a lot easier to tell you, but I'll really try to post some pictures soon.... really! :tomato:

Monica
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
Hasmom99

Post by Hasmom99 »

:hijack: Here is the link to the Outline Rubber Stamp website - the brand of stamp that Ink-Pattie got. I have a couple of flower like ones from the website. I ordered them awhile back after I saw some cards (3 cards, one stamp) in a magazine. When I get a chance, I will scan in a few of the cards I made.

http://www.outlinesrubberstamp.com/
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

I think rather than PAO this site should be called ENABLERS.COM.

Yikes! I really was good yesterday at the LSS by only getting two masks and a Distress re-inker. I've always been leery of anything glitter but your talk of the distress stickles is getting to me. Maybe next week I'll find another reason to be near the LSS again. :roll:
FARLEY in Sacramento
Monica

Post by Monica »

paddlegal wrote:I think rather than PAO this site should be called ENABLERS.COM.

Yikes! I really was good yesterday at the LSS by only getting two masks and a Distress re-inker. I've always been leery of anything glitter but your talk of the distress stickles is getting to me. Maybe next week I'll find another reason to be near the LSS again. :roll:
Anything TH is addicting..... and those Distress Stickles ROCK!! So much better than ordinary Stickles.... no "shiny shiny" happy glitter. I have the regular Stickles as well, and the Ice Stickles (chunkier version), but I really only use the Ice Stickles since they aren't so "shiny shiny". And now my new faves are the TH ones!

Monica
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Monica wrote:
paddlegal wrote:I think rather than PAO this site should be called ENABLERS.COM.

Anything TH is addicting..... and those Distress Stickles ROCK!! So much better than ordinary Stickles.... no "shiny shiny" happy glitter. I have the regular Stickles as well, and the Ice Stickles (chunkier version), but I really only use the Ice Stickles since they aren't so "shiny shiny". And now my new faves are the TH ones!

Monica

TH is all too addicting. I forgot to mention (uh, um) that I also bought TH Gears and Tokens.
FARLEY in Sacramento
Monica

Post by Monica »

Gears, tokens, games spinners, chains, long brads, ATC stamps, other stamps, DVD of clip art images.... got 'em all!!

Monica
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

:lol: :lol: :lol: So do I :lol: :lol: :lol:

Rather than hijack this any further maybe tomorrow I'll have time to post a picture of a necklace I made with some of the goodies.
FARLEY in Sacramento
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

I used the Peeled Paint Distress Stickles on the tag I made and it took forever to dry. I even had it under a hot lamp trying to rush it. It's not as shiny as the other Stickles, but I like it. I got Peeled Paint, Orange Marmalade, Broken China and Fired Brick. I wish I'd gotten the entire set, but I also ordered some Distress Paint and the masks. Sigh. I need to win the lottery.

Pam
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com