Loveletters book

gwenj

Loveletters book

Post by gwenj »

This is a project made with the Bad Girls Kits June kit. Instructions for making the pages are posted for those of us who bought the kit. I've of course taken some liberties with some of the pages.

Here's the front cover...
The "ruffle" on the bottom is made with dresmaking pattern tissue, and spritzed with Pink Taffy glimmer mist.
The lace started out white, but was dyed in a tea bath. Some of the tea bath is reserved and used to spray elements and pages throughout the book to give it a very vintage look.
Attachments
Loveletters front cover 1.jpg
Loveletters front cover 1.jpg (99.63 KiB) Viewed 1136 times
gwenj

Re: Loveletters book

Post by gwenj »

This is the inside of the front cover...The little envelope is also tea dyed. The "frame" is done with red line tape, with glitter applied to it. (We got a set of 18 colors of Martha Stewart glitters with the kit--the colors are lovely, and I think I can glitter forever!)
We also have a box of chipboard butterflies with floral prints on them, and some have added "bling" as well. I used some dard red stickles on this one...
Attachments
Loveletters front cover in.jpg
Loveletters front cover in.jpg (91.64 KiB) Viewed 1130 times
azemigh

Post by azemigh »

Very pretty! Love the pattern tissue lace. Will definitely try that out.
Monica

Post by Monica »

Beautiful, Gwen!! I love the idea of using the tissue from patterns for a decorative element.... I could never figure out what to do with the excess left after cutting out the patterns. Thanks for the idea!

Monica
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
Ruth Ann Landry

Post by Ruth Ann Landry »

This is a lovely project and it looks like you got quality stuff with the kit...great job.
nancine

Post by nancine »

this looks wonderful, that's a great idea with the pattern lace. I always shy away from glitter, but this looks good!
gwenj

Post by gwenj »

Yes, the pattern tissue is used in other places in the book as well. My kit contained an envelope with the pattern pieces--looks like early 50's style. The great thing about the patter tissue is that there are no lines on the pattern pieces--each is cut to the spape of the piece, and no seam lines like today's patterns, so basically it's just the plain tissue. I need to start scouting thrift shops, garage sales, etc for more of those old patterns! Also, it is pretty delicate to work with, but with gentle handling, it does what you ask it to do!
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

Wonderful Gwen!
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
bethrich

Post by bethrich »

Very pretty, Gwen!
gwenj

Post by gwenj »

Here are pages from the book. The "pages" are all created on envelopes that are about 9 1/4 x 4 1/4.
The second page was sprayed with some of the left over tea wash, then clear embossing powder was applied--when it was heated, it developed so of orange peel texture. Also, more glitter on red line tape to make the X's. ...and a spritz with glimmer mist--Sand
Attachments
Loveletters p 1.jpg
Loveletters p 1.jpg (108.57 KiB) Viewed 1035 times
Loveletters p 2 053.jpg
Loveletters p 2 053.jpg (118.97 KiB) Viewed 1036 times
gwenj

Post by gwenj »

Here's the third page--base is similar to page 2...
Attachments
Loveletters p 3 054.jpg
Loveletters p 3 054.jpg (147.5 KiB) Viewed 1035 times
gwenj

Post by gwenj »

One more this morning...
These are later pages, and I have just finished the base work, but it is sooo cool, I thought you'd like to see it before I add more "stuff" to it... The idea is to create a mosaic effect. Sandable Hard Gesso (thicker than the regular gesso) was spread on the envelope, than squares of misc papers were applied, using more gesso (very messy project), then sprayed with tea wash and also with some Sand glimmer mist...
There are extra holes in the end of one envelope for threading ribbon...
Attachments
Loveletters pages in process  064.jpg
Loveletters pages in process 064.jpg (199.26 KiB) Viewed 1033 times
Holly

Post by Holly »

Some great ideas here! Love the look!
Sharonv

Post by Sharonv »

Gorgeous work. So feminine :)

And yes I had to go take a peek at the Bad Girl site LOL...