Deck of Art - 3 of Hearts - What's On Your Desk? - Due 7/01

The Deck of Art challenge is where you use old playing cards as a base for altered art. Once card is chosen per week, with a theme, and results are posted here.
Maritza

Re: Deck of Art - 3 of Hearts - What's On Your Desk? - Due 7/01

Post by Maritza »

mpizzazz wrote:Now I'm going to put it away so the cat can't it! :mrgreen:
LOL...

oh yeah.. almost forgot.. thinking about the cat..LOL.. great card
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

Hehe Pam that cat is sure the boss in your house! Same thing here ours is in and out constantly BUT he has not yet eaten any of my craft stuff (shhhhh, I didn't say that)
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
coolboxuk

Post by coolboxuk »

Oh Pam - but he looks so gorgeous!!! It's fun to hear about all his mischief but I can imagine it's a pain in the b.... I remember when Chiefie was little and chewed on absolutely everything she could get her paws on.

Marianne - great card. I thought when you showed it last night that it was for the Deck of Art!
coolboxuk

Post by coolboxuk »

Here is mine - I had to stretch the theme a bit because, as you know, my Deck of Art is about my childhood - so this is about my "baby desk", rather than what's on my desk at the moment...

Journal reads: "As a child, I was very proud to have my very own little chair and desk. I remember the desk had a blue melamine top with a latch that would release it to slide back and open to the big belly of the desk which was full of my toys, paints, pencils and books. Normally, I wasn’t allowed to have much on top – just whatever I was using, and when I was finished it had to go back into the “belly”. But on special days – like Christmas, Easter and my birthday - I was allowed to have all my presents and sweets sitting there, arranged for the day!
Photo: birthday 1966 (2 years old)"
Attachments
DOA_desk.jpg
DOA_desk.jpg (119.58 KiB) Viewed 286 times
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

Petra that is wonderful!
Marianne love the stamps.
Pam what can I say love what you did with it even if the cat got it.
I have this one done early. Don't know how that happened ;-)
This background has been sitting on my desk and I didn't really have anything planned for it. Ribbon was here because I pulled it off of another project that I didn't like it on and I had the piece of stuff laying around from after Luanne's class.
scan0011.jpg
scan0011.jpg (56.23 KiB) Viewed 285 times
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
Maritza

Post by Maritza »

ladies, these are great
coolboxuk

Post by coolboxuk »

Cheryl - that's great. I love how you just used the things laying on your desk to make this card!
Ruth Ann Landry

Post by Ruth Ann Landry »

boy! you never know what you're going to find when you actually sit at your desk for the first time in two weeks...I've been ALSBing at the kitchen bar......so here's what I had and I was determined not to cheat! Last thing I played with was fimo...made a bunch of faces for future play...so there was a pile of them on the desk with the embellishments from the last two kits I ALSBed...and my newest brights alcohol ink and one dirty cotton ball.....voila!

PS>..notice, i did not have any cardstock or paper at hand so had to AI directly on the card back.
Attachments
2009 06 30 001.JPG
2009 06 30 001.JPG (34.19 KiB) Viewed 265 times
Dani Larcom

Post by Dani Larcom »

Holy cow. Your desk must really be clean!
Ruth Ann Landry

Post by Ruth Ann Landry »

it is...i had company for 6 straight days and had to use the room....
azemigh

Post by azemigh »

That's really cool Ruth Ann! I'm going to wait till I get home from vacation to do this one so I can truly sit at my desk and use what I left behind. You did a superb job.
pugmom

Post by pugmom »

I'm amazed at what you all have put together for this challenge.

I had just recently cleaned things up so I didn't have a whole lot to work with - some scraps from backgrounds I made a while back that never got put in the scrap box, some oversized "toothpicks" (for lack of a better description) that I had found in the kitchen junk drawer and put on my desk to be stashed away, stickles that I bought a week or so ago and the unmounted stamps from last month's kit that I hadn't cut up yet.
Deck of Art - what's on your desk.jpg
Deck of Art - what's on your desk.jpg (68.8 KiB) Viewed 244 times
Sue in NC (formerly known as Sue in Colorado)
Maritza

Post by Maritza »

OM Goodness.. you ladies are so talented!!! amazing.. honesty absolutely amazing!!!
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Dang! You all have cool stuff on your desks! I wonder what I left on mine? I haven't been in there for a week or more.

Pam - be glad your cat has chosen art supplies to chew - my Annie likes to chew on the window sills. She gave it up a while back for some reason. When she's "gone", I'll sand them and stain them - probably...
Pam Cook #48
coolboxuk

Post by coolboxuk »

Ruth Ann and Sue - those cards are amazing!What wonderful things you made with just what you found. Ruth Ann, you made me laugh, using the dirty cotton ball and NO paper, but hey, it goes fantastically well!!! And that face is gorgeous - you are so talented!