a really cool new technique....

New tricks to amaze your friends
pamcook

Re: a really cool new technique....

Post by pamcook »

I wonder if the stores even carry it any more? I love the look.
Pam Cook #48
Ruth Ann Landry

Post by Ruth Ann Landry »

I would think maybe Staples would have it...i still use my fax machine every so often....haven't had to buy paper in a long time since i bought a whole b ox, but i'm sure they would have to still have it???
nancine

Post by nancine »

hmmmm, we might have a roll of that stuff upstairs here at work for the "old, back-up fax"! I wonder if they will fade out over time like the faxes do? Or maybe the heat has it burned in there!
Ruth Ann Landry

I'm really not sure, Nancine, but it sure was fun playing with it...you can also use embossing powders, but have to really watch holding the heat gun in one place too long...the paper actually can turn white if you do.....guess what I did?
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

I don't even know what thermal fax paper is :roll:
Ruth Ann Landry

it's just the paper rolls that are used for some phone/fax machines....It works with heat which is how the words appear on the fax.....the newer stuff prob doesn't use it...guess I"m lucky that I have one of the older models...now I'll have to check staple's and see if they still carry replacement rolls.
Ruth Ann Landry

I especially like the fact that you can use photo quality stamps (see Ophelia) and they come out like reverse negatives.
Trine from Norway

Post by Trine from Norway »

Hallo
Amazing work :happywave:
I really love this technique.....so easy but so sofisticate.
Did you find this at InkStains blog?
http://inkstainswithroni.blogspot.com/
She is one of my favorit-artist and have a lot of different techniqs at her blogs...look and learn ;)
She show a lot of transfer-techniqs.....I can recommend this blog....its amazing....something new every day
Ruth Ann Landry

yes, it is...i love her blog...
jdrhope

Post by jdrhope »

I don't know how it would look, but you could play around with a thermal receipt. You know the type of receipts that is smooth & sleek paper that fades in the sun or heat. (alot of fast food places use them), I have one in my wallet now from Lowes Foods grocery store.
nancine

Post by nancine »

ChristyB wrote:I don't even know what thermal fax paper is :roll:
:lol:

ofcourse that's not as bad as the receptionist at the Drs. office I worked at 20 years ago when faxes were new - she asked if the paper got rolled up real tiny and went through the line from our office to the next :anyone:
Hasmom99

Post by Hasmom99 »

Nancy,
That is too funny. :lol: