UTEE Project

gwenj

UTEE Project

Post by gwenj »

I went to a great Leslie Altman class a couple of weeks ago--finally got around to photographing the projects we completed--it was amazing...
Attachments
LA 3 small.jpg
LA 3 small.jpg (100.91 KiB) Viewed 555 times
LA 2 small.jpg
LA 2 small.jpg (94.71 KiB) Viewed 555 times
LA 1 small.jpg
LA 1 small.jpg (88.2 KiB) Viewed 555 times
gwendols

Re: UTEE Project

Post by gwendols »

Gorgeous!!!
Gwen Godfrey
#6 in the order of PAO
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Very impressive and gorgeous.
FARLEY in Sacramento
suffolkscrapper

Post by suffolkscrapper »

these are gorgeous! are you allowed to say how you made them? or the products you used :D
gwenj

Post by gwenj »

suffolkscrapper wrote:these are gorgeous! are you allowed to say how you made them? or the products you used :D
We started out with clear UTEE in the melting pot--added just a little bit of Flex. First we poured a "pancake" on a piece of parchment paper and let it cool for a while. We then poured a little puddle on top of the image, which had been glued to a piece of chipboard for stability.
After the pancake had cooled, we colored the back side of it with alcohol inks, then broke it up into pieces, just randomly. We then took various pieces and used a heat gun to add them around the image, and added other beads, wires, etc as we went along...

I spent the whole day in the class, and finished five pieces. It was amazing to see how the colors changed with layering, remelting, etc. I have gotten a couple of the colored UTEE's and will experiment with them as well...
rinda

Post by rinda »

Gwen,
These are beautiful! Thanks fo sharing. I'd really like to try to make some.

I have a couple questions about the instructions. If I understand correctly, the clipart/collage image on the chipboard is the base of the jewelery. What shape is the chipboard? And do the added elements hang over the edge of the chipboard, or do they all rest witin its perimeter? Also, am I understanding correctly that simply by heating the broken utee chips (from the pancake)you are able to adhere them to the image? Finally, do the chips get really HOT? If so, what did you hold them with?

Thanks!!!!

Rinda
azemigh

Post by azemigh »

Wowsers! I would love to try these too. I'll bet you had sooooo much fun making them too!
gwenj

Post by gwenj »

rinda wrote:Gwen,
These are beautiful! Thanks fo sharing. I'd really like to try to make some.

I have a couple questions about the instructions. If I understand correctly, the clipart/collage image on the chipboard is the base of the jewelery. What shape is the chipboard? And do the added elements hang over the edge of the chipboard, or do they all rest witin its perimeter? Also, am I understanding correctly that simply by heating the broken utee chips (from the pancake)you are able to adhere them to the image? Finally, do the chips get really HOT? If so, what did you hold them with?

Thanks!!!!

Rinda
The chipboard is square or rectangular. The added elements hang off the edge of the chipboard. And yes, heating the broken pieces will adhere them. We used wooden picks to hold them while using the heat gun. Most of the heat is applied to the two ends of the pieces.
rinda

Post by rinda »

Thanks Gwen. I'm going to give these a try.
Rinda
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

Wow Gwen they are beautiful.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
nancine

Post by nancine »

Gwen these are terrific. Thanks for the instructions, they look like a fun play date thing to do!
julierealtor

Post by julierealtor »

These are amazing Gwen...TFS!
suffolkscrapper

Post by suffolkscrapper »

I've been thinking of getting a meltpot for ages (some more stash lol) - i saw the woman from ranger on QVC UK a few weeks ago and the things she made were just amazing! hmmmmm lol feel a shopping spree coming on! lol thk for all the info :D
rinda

Post by rinda »

I posted my version of this project in a separate thread. Lots of fun. 11 year old DD made a beautiful piece, too!
Rinda