"What was I thinking?!" challenge - (edit)due 6/30

pamcook

"What was I thinking?!" challenge - (edit)due 6/30

Post by pamcook »

We all have something in our stash that we look at and think, "What was I thinking when I bought this?" Maybe it's patterned paper, a tool, a flower, a tag - whatever. Don't leave it there to remind you - use it on a project!
The challenge is to pull out that item and make something with it - a card, an ATC, a book mark, a tag, a scrapbook page, a journal cover - whatever. Post it when you're finished. If you want to offer it up for a swap (and we have enough players), let me know and I'll randomly assign swap partners.
You have until June 30 at 9 a.m. (eastern). I'll choose a winner at random and send that person a prize package worth thousands (something like that).
Pam Cook #48
scrappin nurse

Re: "What was I thinking?!" challenge - due 6/5

Post by scrappin nurse »

Sounds fun!!! I'm in.
flojo

Post by flojo »

Pam, there was just a post in my e-mail that was about this subject. One lady actually has a stamp that says "What was I thinking." The subject was started because one woman was getting a divorce and she had pics of her ex with the kids, but she couldn't bare to let the pics of the kids go to the trash just because HE was in the photo. So she asked what should she do and a lot of ladies said they would just make a scrapbook titled "What was I thinking" or "Why did I do that." So funny!

So yes I have things in my stash that make me ask myself that question so you can count me in on this one. :lol: :lol:
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

I have an XH and Lord knows, I wasn't thinking - not EVEN!

I'm anxious to see what all folks have hidden away in their stashes...
Pam Cook #48
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

Ooooh... this should be GOOD. I don't know if I'll have time to participate, but I'm anxious to see what's posted. :-)
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
bethrich

Post by bethrich »

I have lots of that stuff, too. Hope I can find time to play.
wannabescrappin

Post by wannabescrappin »

Me too!! Have I got stuff!!!
DH and I have an XW, but you know ALL about that Pam :lol: What was HE thinking??
Find time each day to rejoice in the journey...

Cheryl H (aka wannabescrappin)
#61 in the order of PAO
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

It's hard to see it but my WWIT submission is a tool - from Ten Seconds Studio. I bought it several years ago and it was still in the original package. For about 10 seconds, I thought it would be fun to work with metal. That whim flew by until I saw a great project on their website. DDIL helped me with this today - we painted the canvas and she worked on the copper while I mounted the photo on foam core. Lots of tweaking the copper (and I never did draw blood - amazing) and I think I'm finished. Crappy photo but it's getting dark early tonight...
Photo is of DD on the beach in Durban South Africa. She was shouting for her Papa to come get her - she didn't want sandcastles on her toes...
2009_0523Mar080047 (Small).JPG
2009_0523Mar080047 (Small).JPG (40.81 KiB) Viewed 519 times
Pam Cook #48
pugmom

Post by pugmom »

I'm glad you finally opened that package because this is wonderful. And that photo........ precious.
Sue in NC (formerly known as Sue in Colorado)
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

Love it!
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

I should have given more info about it - the canvas is 16 x 20 and the photo is 8 x 10 mounted on foam core. I don't think it had to be on foam core but it does hide the layers of copper and adhesive on the back - you can't see the texture of those things.
I'm changing the deadline in hopes that more people will play along. I know for a fact I'm not the only person with WWIT items stashed away...
Pam Cook #48
ChristyB

Re: "What was I thinking?!" challenge - (edit)due 6/30

Post by ChristyB »

my problem...
I have so much "What the hell was I thinking" stuff that I can't even decide where to start :roll:
scrappin nurse

Post by scrappin nurse »

ChristyB wrote:my problem...
I have so much "What the hell was I thinking" stuff that I can't even decide where to start :roll:
I so know what you mean!!!
Holly

Post by Holly »

Ok-- so the very first thing I that popped into my head was this awful paper I bought something like 10 years ago when I first got into scrapping. I bought others along the same line and actually used them. Can you believe it?

Since this one wasn't used then, there was no chance for it after the first year, yet even though it's value was about 25 cents when I bought it--I couldn't throw it out either.(speaks to my obsession).

Thank you so much Pam for this challenge, as now that I did something with it--it is finally out of my stash. There was no way I would have given it away (what? and let people know I had it?)

BTW-- I am assuming no one wants to swap. Right?
Attachments
100_1601 (Small).JPG
100_1601 (Small).JPG (47.84 KiB) Viewed 445 times
Paula

Post by Paula »

Perfect photos for such GREAT PAPER :lol: :lol: I think I had some of that too :angel: