Digi kit question

Monica

Re: Digi kit question

Post by Monica »

Julie...... you are BAD!! They have some awesome stuff!! Now I just need to find some more money in the budget..... sigh

Monica
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
Monica

Post by Monica »

Okay, I have another one for you.... ever gone to http://digiscrapaddicts.com/? You sign up for free. They are having a DT challenge right now, and you can download each person's kit for each challenge..... FREE!!! Does that rock, orwhat?!

And... I'm a month late, but I'm following the http://www.blogtrainblog.blogspot.com/ around for all the (91) different pieces of a mega kit. There's only been one link so far that expired, which is pretty good odds.

There's another blog train I stumbled on as well.... http://kalodesigns.com/wordpress/ Scroll down to the MAy 1st entry for Sunshine Beach.

would you all like to be addicted with me? :enabler:

Monica
Maritza

Post by Maritza »

Julie what a great thread.. I myself am wondering what am I doing?? I have tons fo digi stuff and maybe use 0.5% of it.. one reason being is that .. I have no idea what I have or how to use it..

So dear Annette.. could you please explain further..The Bridge"
tichwoli wrote: That being said, if you are finding yourselves with lots of stuff and you use Adobe Photoshop CS3 - a good resource for filing and storing is the Bridge. This is one of the most useful tools I have ever used.
what is everyone else doing?

how do you store and "track" your digi "kits"
tlscrap

Post by tlscrap »

Maritza wrote:Julie what a great thread.. I myself am wondering what am I doing?? I have tons fo digi stuff and maybe use 0.5% of it.. one reason being is that .. I have no idea what I have or how to use it..

So dear Annette.. could you please explain further..The Bridge"
tichwoli wrote: That being said, if you are finding yourselves with lots of stuff and you use Adobe Photoshop CS3 - a good resource for filing and storing is the Bridge. This is one of the most useful tools I have ever used.
what is everyone else doing?

how do you store and "track" your digi "kits"
I'd like to know this too! I have PSE 6 though and would love to know what people do with their kits. I have them backed up on cds and my passport zip drive.

And I have them on my computer in different folder. CS kits by their names, and then by each company that I got them from.
http://tlscrap.blogspot.com/
PAO #8
Theresa Lee
Painesville, Ohio
Maritza

Post by Maritza »

Theresa

I have PSE7 and I have all the kits back up to several CD and to hard drives.. I never remember what I have.. it's not like going thru our scrapraps/recipe cards.
tlscrap

Post by tlscrap »

Maritza wrote:Theresa

I have PSE7 and I have all the kits back up to several CD and to hard drives.. I never remember what I have.. it's not like going thru our scrapraps/recipe cards.
I know, I have so many! I've started to put them into groups, like spring kits, mother's day, etc....
PAO #8
Theresa Lee
Painesville, Ohio
tlscrap

Post by tlscrap »

I also have a question if any digi wizards can help :)

I see alot of freebie brushes and elements... once I've downloaded them, what the heck do I do with them to use them when I open PSE6???? Can't I save them somehow so that when I open PSE6 they will always be there, like the bevels and drop shadows, etc.
???
PAO #8
Theresa Lee
Painesville, Ohio
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

I'll chime in here and say that I was going to post a thread called "How do you find your files?" :lol: I'm using Bridge, and it's wonderful for viewing your files, but the problem is - how do I know which files are what color? Where is that double ribbon border? I know I had cardboard cutouts? What kit are they in?

Right now my files are labeled by kit name or by type for the odds and ends, e.g. Word Art, Frames, Overlays. Problem with that is that pretty much each kit has word art and frames, etc. Do I create a bazillion files for each thing, like "Green Paper?" Only prob with that is the subfolders - Green Plaid, Green Checks, Green Brocade, Green and Gold Brocade. I think what might work is create a proof sheet for each kit and category and keep them in a notebook - sort of like our old swatch pages with CS. Some of the kits come with proof sheet files, so that could be a good solution. I would just need to create them for the ones that don't have them. Anyone have a better idea? I'm very open to suggestions.

Thanks to this thread I have done one thing - I went back through all of my downloads with a critical eye and found a lot of things that are going to be deleted. Mostly embellishments. Now if I could just bring myself to do that with the three dimensional stuff!
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
tlscrap

Post by tlscrap »

OK, I have another question. I saw some of you ladies using the slice it up from Scrapbooking Girls, love it!! Bought it!! Now how do I use it, it didn't come with any instructions, so when I open it up its many different layers, I'm assuming that these go on top of the pic. Now what? Can you tell I'm still learning and need someone to hold my hand :)
PAO #8
Theresa Lee
Painesville, Ohio
Maritza

Post by Maritza »

tlscrap wrote:OK, I have another question. I saw some of you ladies using the slice it up from Scrapbooking Girls, love it!! Bought it!! Now how do I use it, it didn't come with any instructions, so when I open it up its many different layers, I'm assuming that these go on top of the pic. Now what? Can you tell I'm still learning and need someone to hold my hand :)

see this is my problem.. it is so cute ( off course I googled Slice Scrapbooking Girls)..and its only $3.32.. on sale hello.. off course .. something else I want.. and then what.. tomorrow.. I would not remember it's there.. ( as I wait for all my scrapers guide DVD..) and then what??

it's hard enough to remeber and use all the touchabel stuff
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

Maritza wrote:
tlscrap wrote: it's hard enough to remeber and use all the touchabel stuff
AMEN!
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
Monica

Post by Monica »

I've been saving all mine onto our external hard drive, and I will start usign them during the summer when we head up to the 5th wheel on the weekends. As much as I love playing with tangibles, it's really too much hassle to pack up and take, so I'll just bring the laptop and the external hard drive and digi scrap. Well, that's the plan anyway...... lol!

Monica
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

Wow - I had a lot to catch up on!

Monica - I'm off to check out your recommendations. I generally do my downloads from work, because the connection is so much faster, but a 90+ piece kit? Holy crap! I may just have to stay late one night next week to work on that.

What's the "slice" things some of you were talking about? It sounds like a layered template that you assemble yourself, but I'd love more info. I don't recall seeing anything about Scrapbooking Girls (I subscribe to Scrap Girls, but this must not be the same thing)

Lastly, organizing: I've got PSE7, and I've been using the organizer that comes with it. The problem is, it's very very buggy. There are certain functions that flat out don't work. But it's the best way for me to find my stuff. My biggest problem is that I store all of my kits on our network, because got a failsafe system, and it's backed up. But this makes it SLOOOOOW. And it makes digi scrapping less portable than it should be. So I generally decide on a project, pick a kit, and copy everything local before I go outside my network. I've thought about putting everything on DVDs, but then I can't pull it up on the organizer and look at everything that I've tagged across all kits as "fibers", for instance.

Anyway, I don't think that I'll find any organizing scheme that works any better for me, but I'm open to ideas. Does the "bridge" work with PSE7?
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
tlscrap

Post by tlscrap »

jfugina wrote:Wow - I had a lot to catch up on!

Monica - I'm off to check out your recommendations. I generally do my downloads from work, because the connection is so much faster, but a 90+ piece kit? Holy crap! I may just have to stay late one night next week to work on that.

What's the "slice" things some of you were talking about? It sounds like a layered template that you assemble yourself, but I'd love more info. I don't recall seeing anything about Scrapbooking Girls (I subscribe to Scrap Girls, but this must not be the same thing)

Lastly, organizing: I've got PSE7, and I've been using the organizer that comes with it. The problem is, it's very very buggy. There are certain functions that flat out don't work. But it's the best way for me to find my stuff. My biggest problem is that I store all of my kits on our network, because got a failsafe system, and it's backed up. But this makes it SLOOOOOW. And it makes digi scrapping less portable than it should be. So I generally decide on a project, pick a kit, and copy everything local before I go outside my network. I've thought about putting everything on DVDs, but then I can't pull it up on the organizer and look at everything that I've tagged across all kits as "fibers", for instance.

Anyway, I don't think that I'll find any organizing scheme that works any better for me, but I'm open to ideas. Does the "bridge" work with PSE7?
Here's the link to the slice:

http://store.scrapgirls.com/product/152 ... lice-it-Up
PAO #8
Theresa Lee
Painesville, Ohio
bethrich

Post by bethrich »

Julie, I'm using a 250GB Passport for my kits. Would you be able to sync up a small portable drive like that to your network drive? I use a program called Synchronize It for doing syncs between drives. I highly recommend it.