Post by jfugina »

Yay Beth! Congratulations!
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
pamcook

Re: NSD - Challenge 5 - WINNER!

Post by pamcook »

"Babes" not "broads". Geez.

You know how it's always "iffy" to get a group of women together who really don't know each other all that well? I have to say, there's something special about our group. Everyone is just so low key and easy to get along with. :hijack:

I'm so glad you posted this challenge. I'm going to give that site a try - I had forgotten about it already. The projects you all posted in this challenge are just beautiful. Maybe tonight I"ll get a chance...
Pam Cook #48
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

:lol: I thought someone had objected to being called babes? Scratch broads, too! :lol:
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
bethrich

Post by bethrich »

Me, I'm the guilty one. I was a womens' libber back when it was politically incorrect. Babes, chicks, whatever, just don't work for me. I'd rather be a broad or a b*tch.

I have to share this ... I worked with a guy who called his wife "babe" on the phone all the time. Come to find out when I met her that she was a judge! I guess it worked for her, but I'd have sent him to the slammer.

Sorry for being so difficult, Pam and Pam. :D
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

Beth, I don't like it either. Broads and gals, yes. Babes and chicks, not especially. All I can see is the Rat Packers saying that and "Cat." Yuck.
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
Holly

Post by Holly »

Beth-- sometimes Babe is short for Baby-- and I always call my DH that -- and vice versa.
bethrich

Post by bethrich »

Yeah, Holly. My DD and her DH call each other that, too.

It just grates for me. Maybe because I was always the shortest kid in the class and often the youngest. I just feel diminished by the term. He can call me honey, dear or sweetheart, but Joe better never call me chicky baby! :roll:
Holly

Post by Holly »

Can I call you Beth-Bab- Honey-Sweetie Pie? :lol:
Sharonv

Post by Sharonv »

I get called Hon, honey or beautiful... When we first met he called me Honey at the bar and I quickly snapped my head around to him and quipped my name is Sharon NOT Honey!! LOL
bethrich

Post by bethrich »

Good for you, Sharon! I totally agree that I'm not honey to a stranger! Except maybe the middle-aged waitress at the local diner.

Holly, I think I'm aiming for b*tch at the moment. :lol:
Paula

Post by Paula »

bethrich wrote:Good for you, Sharon! I totally agree that I'm not honey to a stranger! Except maybe the middle-aged waitress at the local diner.

Holly, I think I'm aiming for b*tch at the moment. :lol:

tooo funny :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: