NSD - Challenge 2 - WINNER!

pbp908

NSD - Challenge 2 - WINNER!

Post by pbp908 »

A lot of us have commented that we just have too much stuff. We're all guilty - maybe we have too much paper, too many brads, way more Prima flowers than we need. Just way too much! My challenge to you, if you choose to accept it, is to use at least three things that you have too much of. If you have too much paper, use three different papers. If you have too many brads, use three different ones. Let's see if we can creatively find a way to use things!

Post before midnight tonight and your name is in the hat. However, no prize for this one since the object is to use some of our stash, not add to it! ;)
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
scrappin nurse

Re: NSD - Challenge 2

Post by scrappin nurse »

This is one I'm sure we all can do! I'll play along as soon as dinner is done.
bethrich

Post by bethrich »

My whole stash is too much stuff! No matter what I use, it will qualify! :lol:
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Pam P.

jfugina

Post by jfugina »

I'm with Beth. Pretty much anything I'd use is something I have in excess. I've got an abundance of digi supplies, but I think this challenge calls for doing a layout from my paper stash. I'll try to post something before midnight... after kids are tucked away and not bothering me any more. :-)
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

I have so many brads it's not funny, especially those teeny tiny ones that CS was so fond of for awhile. I think these brads were from the Great Outdoors kit - ATC was inspired by a technique in the Technique Junkies newsletter.
img314.jpg
img314.jpg (166.51 KiB) Viewed 315 times
Pam P.

Paula

Post by Paula »

Pam, that's awesome!! Great job :clap:
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

What a great card!
Somewhere I read to use the plastic needlepoint "canvas" to space your brads when you do something like this - I always thought that was a great idea.
Pam Cook #48
bethrich

Post by bethrich »

How cute, Pam!

And Julie, I agree, digi doesn't work for this challenge. ;)

So do y'all remember the Open Windows kits from Deja Views? I bought a bunch and never even opened them! I for sure have too much of that. I also have too many flowers, too many buttons and too much ribbon! This LO of my brother's wedding barely made a dent in my stash.
NSD_Challenge2.jpg
NSD_Challenge2.jpg (90.7 KiB) Viewed 301 times
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

Very nice Beth! I remember what you're talking about, but luckily didn't stock up on them at the time. LOL. And Pam, I adore yours too! I have a gazillion brads also. But brads are something I do use up at a decent rate. Eyelets, on the other hand.... :angry48: Even with a crop-a-dile, I still see them as just too much work.

I still haven't figured out what my "too much" of choice will be, but I'm sure I can figure out something. :roll:
Julie Fugina
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

Beth - That worked perfectly. The pages remind me of the pricey photo albums that photographers are making for brides now.
Pam P.

pamcook

Post by pamcook »

gorgeous pages, Beth!

Here's mine - I have too many stickers - especially letter stickers. I decided to use this chance to do the Deck of Art card "Insects" theme and kill two birds with one stone. All stickers, Distress Ink, brad & those clip thingys (another thing I have too many of still...)
2009_05020013 (Small).JPG
2009_05020013 (Small).JPG (38.62 KiB) Viewed 272 times
Pam Cook #48
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

I have those same butterfly stickers. :lol: Wish I'd thought about them when I was making my bugs ATC. ;)
Pam P.

jfugina

Post by jfugina »

Pam C - very nice! I decided I had too much of a whole lotta stuff, and when I get on a roll, I tend to do stuff assembly line style. So I actually got a bunch of stuff gathered and started, but not finished. For this "too much stuff" project, I decided on POPs, vellum quotes, eyelets, ribbons, and stickers. I decided to make card fronts. Each of these (there are 15 in total) are a vellum quote, on a POP, secured with eyelets, and then either some fiber or stickers for accent. Here is a sampling. They just need to be mounted on card bases.
Attachments
tooMuchStuff.jpg
tooMuchStuff.jpg (83.16 KiB) Viewed 258 times
Julie Fugina
Monica

Post by Monica »

Julie, That is an awesome use for the vellum quotes eyelets, and POPS!! I'm gonna have to CASE your idea, cause I know I have all of those in an abundance myself.... and it would give me a great start on some birthday and Christmas gifts..... On the list for Sunday!!

Monica
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin