NSD - Challenge 1 - Extended TIme - WINNER!

pbp908

NSD - Challenge 1 - Extended TIme - WINNER!

Post by pbp908 »

Happy NSD! And welcome to our "non-event." :lol: I'm going to post the first challenge, and if anyone wants to chime in with another one, please do. Today the rules are basically out the window and it's all about fun.

On the way back from the NC get-together, I stopped at Michael's and found some really cute fairy stamps for $1. Not that I need fairy stamps, but for $1 I couldn't resist. So my challenge to you is to create a piece of art with a fairy theme. It can be a tag, an ATC, a card - whatever you want to do is OK with me as long as it deals with fairies! (This should be a snap for the Disney fans!) Post it before 12:00 EST and I'll put your name in the hat. The winner will receive an envelope of goodies from me.

Edit: Why not let all of these challenges be good until midnight? That way the sleep-ins and the shoppers can have an opportunity to participate, too. So - post before midnight and I'll draw the winner after that!

Happy creating!
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
scrappin nurse

Re: NSD - Challenge 1

Post by scrappin nurse »

Hmmm.... I don't think I have anything that has to do with fairies. I'll have to see what I can come up with. Thanks for kicking this off Pam!
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

Lanita - Go online and look - there's tons! Or make some wings out of vellum and put them on a child's photo to turn them into a fairy. (Great look for baby pics!) Another hint: Peter Pan.
Pam P.

scrappin nurse

Post by scrappin nurse »

I'll look online Pam but I think my printer is out of ink. I love the idea of the wings on vellum.
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

I'm heading out to the spa and then Archiver's.
I'll do a project this afternoon - I know it'll be past the deadline (geez, when have I met any deadline lately??).

Fairies are fun - heck - turn a photo of yourself into a fairy...here's a BD card I did for DGD using a blurry photo. I used butterfly stickers for the wings and flowers for her hat.
(Pam, this is NOT an entry - I did this last year)
2008_09230014 (Small).JPG
2008_09230014 (Small).JPG (53.29 KiB) Viewed 382 times
Pam Cook #48
bethrich

Post by bethrich »

Pam C, that's adorable! Hmmm, 34 minutes to find a fairy idea and make something ...
scrappin nurse

Post by scrappin nurse »

Here is what I came up with. The Tinkerbell piece belonged to a watch set that my DD had. This was fun! Sorry about the blurry picture.
Attachments
100_1513.JPG
100_1513.JPG (7.44 KiB) Viewed 373 times
bethrich

Post by bethrich »

I found Tinkerbell, too, but no time to finish. Gotta deal with the lawn guy and make lunch. Ugh, why does life interfere with fun!

Lanita, I do love your result! Nice job!
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

I'm going to extend until 1:00 since I'm the only one finished. :lol:

This is a great example of something starting out as one thing and becoming another. It was supposed to be an ATC that became a tag thanks to sloppy stamping, but then when I looked for a background paper, I liked it so well on the longer piece that it became a page accent. Now to convince Miss Maddie that she WANTS to have her picture on a fairy LO.
img313.jpg
img313.jpg (199.31 KiB) Viewed 371 times
Pam P.

scrappin nurse

Re: NSD - Challenge 1 - Extended TIme

Post by scrappin nurse »

Great piece Pam! That stamp is really cute!
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

That's one of the $1 stamps that I picked up. Wanted to do something with them for a few weeks now, but never took the time.

I love your Tinkerbell. Figured you had some DIsney somewhere - that's why I kept giving hints!
Pam P.

jfugina

Post by jfugina »

Thanks for the extension Pam! Great work so far gals. I got a late start due to a little bit of slumber party drama, but I've got my idea ready. I can definitely have it in by 1pm.
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

Whew! And with time to spare (thanks again for the extension!). Here's the layout for Nicole's first lost tooth - before and after. Page 1 starts with a template. Page 2 is a quick page. All elements are from DigiFreebies kit KathisFairyTale, except the alpha, which is from the ScrapGirls Jake&Emma kit.
Attachments
ToothFairy.jpg
ToothFairy.jpg (76.03 KiB) Viewed 335 times
toothFairy2.jpg
toothFairy2.jpg (69.14 KiB) Viewed 333 times
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

Wow Julie! Love it!
Pam P.